ArsPo Posted August 13 Posted August 13 Does anyone know how many Scepters were made? I’d like to get one, but they almost never pop up. If only about 50 of them were made, the chance of getting one in good shape for a reasonable price seems close to zero. Maybe I should just order a replica from a luthier. Quote
0 Steve Haynie Posted August 13 Posted August 13 You still need one for a luthier to copy. Just wait. A Scepter will pop up. 3 Quote
0 Dave Scepter Posted August 13 Posted August 13 Are you looking for a Scepter V or Standard/Explorer shape type? Quote
0 ArsPo Posted August 13 Author Posted August 13 1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said: You still need one for a luthier to copy. Just wait. A Scepter will pop up. I think it’s possible to get approximate dimensions from photos. Quote
0 ArsPo Posted August 13 Author Posted August 13 (edited) 29 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: Are you looking for a Scepter V or Standard/Explorer shape type? V is cool, but it’s probably an even rarer bird to find. So realistically speaking, Explorer shape Scepter Edited August 13 by ArsPo 1 Quote
0 Dave Scepter Posted August 13 Posted August 13 (edited) Where are you located?.. I'll keep an eye out 👁 Edited August 13 by Dave Scepter 1 Quote
0 ArsPo Posted August 13 Author Posted August 13 12 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: Where are you located?.. I'll keep an eye out 👁 PMed 1 Quote
0 seeker Posted August 17 Posted August 17 I dont know the numbers but would say 50 is closer to the number of Scepter Vees, based on how many Ive seen the last 25+years. Scepters probably at least 200, if not more. Used to be a lot around but many were absolutely beat to shit. I have a black/red 85 and its hard not to bang it around. 2 Quote
Question
ArsPo
Does anyone know how many Scepters were made?
I’d like to get one, but they almost never pop up.
If only about 50 of them were made, the chance of getting one in good shape for a reasonable price seems close to zero.
Maybe I should just order a replica from a luthier.
7 answers to this question
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.