This thing has a lot going for it...very pretty top, og case and has a sustain block BUT but had a headstock repair, 5 years ago they say. Kind of looks like it was glued only, no dowels. For the price they want, I'm leaning in. It's priced like it has an ugly repair. Disclaimer is I've not seen in person, pics only.
Assuming it's structurally sound I think I can make the break/repair area look better. What's concerning is the truss rod area. It doesn't look right. It looks like there's more material/distance between the nut and where the truss rod access carve and screw hole for cover should be. Also, you can see the top of the headstock had work. Must've broke clear through.
Question
JOE_CPWE
This thing has a lot going for it...very pretty top, og case and has a sustain block BUT but had a headstock repair, 5 years ago they say. Kind of looks like it was glued only, no dowels. For the price they want, I'm leaning in. It's priced like it has an ugly repair. Disclaimer is I've not seen in person, pics only.
Assuming it's structurally sound I think I can make the break/repair area look better. What's concerning is the truss rod area. It doesn't look right. It looks like there's more material/distance between the nut and where the truss rod access carve and screw hole for cover should be. Also, you can see the top of the headstock had work. Must've broke clear through.
What are you seeing here?
2 answers to this question
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.