Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTT: WGS Blackhawk HP 100 speaker


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a lightly used WGS Blackhawk HP 100 speaker 8 ohm.It is a clone of an EV SRO alnico. I have an SRO in another cab already. I would like another similar British type alnico like a WGS Blackhawk 50, Eminence Red Fang, Clestion Gold, Scumnico, or Weber Blue Dog alnico. I need 8 ohm.

Probably a long shot. The HP is an awesome speaker. I currently use it in tandem with a Red Fang....the HP stays clean while the Fang breaks up....a good combo but I want another chimey speaker that breaks up early.

Thanks!

Posted

TTT. I decided I don't want the Tone Tubby alnico that Bubs graciously offered to trade. I want more of a Brit alnico sound...

Posted

Those Blackhawks are great, I'm running my Carol Ann (Marshall/Dumble flavored amp) through a Blackhawk/EVM12L cab and it is the shyte. I'd trade you for the Blackhawk but I'm not sure what I've got laying around or if it matches your request ,,, I think I've got a Sholz Classic and a Jensen Blackbird...

Posted

LJ, thanks for the offer but I am looking for a British type alnico. I do agree, the Blackhawks sound wonderful, especially paired with some thing that breaks up more (or less in your case with the EV12L). A BH 50 would suit me better. If was gigging more and recording less, I would keep it as is, but I already have a genuine minty EV SRO in a 1x12 for those sounds....and Man O man do those SROs sound sweet. Which the BH 100 is a clone of. This is a problem that is good to have...too many GREAT sounding speakers!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...