sirDaniel Posted May 6, 2016 Posted May 6, 2016 I bought this on the board for $1000 like 3 years ago. This is the original, A style. This amp does it all. All 3 channels kill. This unit was completely gone through and refurbished by SAVAGE AMPS in Minneapolis. Including full retube. ($175). I have like 15 hours on it since then. It's too much for theatre pit gigs. That's why I'm letting her go. I had some fun and it's time to pass it on. It's in perfect working, cosmetic and sonic condition. Factory foot switch included. If you want to make a statement, this is the tool. I will include a quad of 6v6 power tubes. It runs in 4x6L6 or 2x6L6/2xEL34 (current config) or 4x6V6 (in lo power mode. Reverb, 2 loops and like a bajillion other options. I will sell to a family member for $975 shipped Act now and I will throw in a 1x12 bogner cube clone loaded with a real EV12L for $100 more (just pay actual shipping for it). Must buy the amp to get the cab deal. contact me at wirelessmics at g m a i l dot com
sirDaniel Posted May 6, 2016 Author Posted May 6, 2016 Oh, forgot..the EL34 are the Mesa STR450, which are Siemens RFT. Really nice top end on these; as in the class A mode only used the outside pair. Spendy tubes. And the 6V6 tubes are electroharmix from the tubestore
sirDaniel Posted May 7, 2016 Author Posted May 7, 2016 el-SOLD-O COME ON PEOPLE...this took 36 hours to sell, you can do better
Lockbody Posted May 7, 2016 Posted May 7, 2016 Gimme! i must have mistook Mk V fever for Mk IV fever. This will be my third Mk IV. Maybe I'll learn my lesson this time. My favoite haunt has a 2x12 halfback cab. A perfect match for this. Must resist!
Lockbody Posted May 12, 2016 Posted May 12, 2016 I came home to three boxes today, and inside them was this baby. sirDaniel packed it to survive a war and, as advertised, the amp does not disappoint. There are two different versions of the Mark IV, and I prefer the A version over the B, which has a darker R2 with a bit more gain to it. I like R2 to be more of R1, and the A version excels at that. First up was Tweed power, class A, triode, with EL34s in the outer sockets and a Strat. Heaven. Man, I love these things! Thanks again Dan for the smoooooooth transaction.
Lockbody Posted May 13, 2016 Posted May 13, 2016 Sounds better than it has any right to. That little thing has some serious cahones. Last night was was Full Power, Class A, Pentode, Pull Fat, Mid-Gain switch, through a SG. Drop D metal madness, it was. Huge sound, tight and articulate. Man, I love these things.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.