Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Selling my Hamer Scarab Bass. I assume it was built in the mid 80s. Unfortunately the S/N was either covered invisibly or sanded out when the bass was refinished by the previous owner. Relatively new EMG P-J pickups, mahogany body, most likely a maple neck (although I do recall Hamer built basses with mahogany neck), rosewood fretboard. The bass was registered under the CITES act in Germany. The neck is chunkier than most other Hamers I own but is not neck heavy. It has a couple dings the most visible near the neck pickup and the other one on the upper back wing. Comes with OHSC.

The biggest "flaw" is the white area around the logo which originates from the refinishing. The painter could have done a much better job on this but it never bothered me too much. I am sure a good painter can correct this. Anybody who wants a good rock bass with upscale components and a sound that cuts through the mix has come to the right place. Maybe a good addition in a Def Leppard tribute band.

The bass is located in germany. For potential buyers in germany: local pickup preferred due to the size of the case or handover somewhere that we agree upon.

For international potential buyers: Buyer pays for shipping. I can look up rates.

Asking price is 650 Euros but is negotiable. 

HC1.jpg

HC2.jpg

HC3.jpg

HC4.jpg

HC5.jpg

HC6.jpg

• Like 6

Wish I was in Germany!  Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This baby is still looking for a new home. I am willing to enter very interesting price negotiations. Any Euro HFCer?

Cheers,

HRR

Edited by Hardrockracer

nobody rock in germany? 🤔

Whole lotta love, too much distance.  How much would it cost to ship to the US?

On 10/4/2019 at 12:03 PM, mathman said:

Whole lotta love, too much distance.  How much would it cost to ship to the US?

I can look that up for you if you are interested.