Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1986 Hamer Chaparral Custom

Cuda75

Question

Hi Guys! 

Long time no talk... I'm back with a new toy that Im really excited about. I was wondering if any of you Chaparral experts happen to have a wiring diagram for this model? 

Mine is not this color, but this is the exact model I have (non OBLS) I guess 3 slammer pickups? 

Three toggles , a tone, and a volume. Ebony fretboard and boomers. 

Anyone with a diagram woudl save the day! :)

Thank you! 

ygykanvdiodbd9kz7hgy.jpg

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

I don't have a schematic but what is your situation?.. any pics?.. 3 separate toggle switches for 3 separate pickups can't be to hard to figure out...

Well, I bought it a year ago and intended to get it back into working order as it sat for a very long time.  Its DOA when plugged in and needs a complete set up. My luthier has never worked on an early model chap with the three toggles. He was wondering of I could obtain a schematic.  If its a straightforward as you say, then perhaps I do not need one.  Here are some pics.  

20210323_215933.jpg

20210323_221124.jpg

20210323_220135 (1).jpg

Oh I thought it was already wired & you were having an issue... your Luthier can't figure out how to wire 3 pickups to 3 on-off switches, 1 vol & 1 tone?.. it's pretty straightforward... if I get a moment, I'll draw it out & PM you 

I had a weird wrinkle with mine.  Humbucker was wired as per the diagram, but wasn't working right.  I wound up flipping the green and black wires on positions 5 & 6 - all was good.  Why?  Dunno.  Strange one off, previous owner tomfoolery, my usual weird luck, sun spots, whatever.  Just tuck that away if you run in to the same challenge.

Archived