Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Appraisal

Russell Beard

Question

How do you deal with a request for appraisal on your Hamer's? I am changing insurance companies and they will not provide more than $1000.00 of coverage without an appraisal.  I am not delusional about being able to replace my Impact Neck Thru, if something were to happen but I have always covered it for at least what I paid for it.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, kizanski said:

That's a fools errand, @Jimbilly, There is literally no advantage to going that route.

Yeah, that was kind of my point, that I failed to make: the appraisals would cost way too much.  Heritage sounds like Grundy collector car insurance, they do stated value, but you have to provide a bunch of pics. I need to up the value of my old 944S2, I think I pay about $250 a year, my stated value is $14k I think. 

2 hours ago, Jimbilly said:

Yeah, that was kind of my point, that I failed to make: the appraisals would cost way too much.  Heritage sounds like Grundy collector car insurance, they do stated value, but you have to provide a bunch of pics. I need to up the value of my old 944S2, I think I pay about $250 a year, my stated value is $14k I think. 

I've also had collector car insurance, although I don't recall the provider.  

They, understandably, required a bunch of pix (as if it were a chore to photograph ny GTO), but I've never had to provide Heritage with any photos.  Not even for the damaged Huber Orca.