Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD Hamer USA 1994 Special LE "Mr. Quilty"

This guitar was somewhat famous here when I bought it ten years ago. It's a '94 Special LE which was a model that was only sold to the Hamer distributor in Japan (Korg). Like a sunburst with a stop tail and T.O.M.. A number of them have found their way back to the states including Mr Quilty. The pictures that I just took don't really do the book-matched quilted top justice, so I have included a picture from when I bought it (the last pic). It has been upgraded with Lollar Imperial Low Wind pickups. I replaced the stop tail bridge as the original was pitted from previous toxic sweat. Has ebony tuner buttons but the originals are in the case. There a a number of small depressions in the finish, but nothing through. There is a spot where the finish chipped off on the edge of the fretboard between the fifth and seventh fret (which is somewhat common on the era Hamer, my '94  Duotone three-holer has the same affliction) but it doesn't affect playability. I had Mike Lull Plek it about five years ago. Comes with OHSC.

This is a great guitar that will be missed. I have thought about selling it before and every time I take it out of the case, I decide to keep it. But it's just not getting played.

Best way to get to me is greenmanstone at gmail

$1500.00 shipped Paypal F&F.

Sold! Thanks for playing.

DSCN1418.JPG

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1420.JPG

DSCN1421.JPG

DSCN1422.JPG

Mr Quilty 2 (1024x768) (800x600) (640x480).jpg

Edited by Camstone
Sold
  • Like 11