Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So I played in Nashville Saturday

Went to Nashville for the first time in forever and somehow ended up jamming some Stones tunes with Kenny Olson, Kid Rock's old guitarist.  The dude actually has pretty great tone and feel, which I think would surprise a lot of people who only know him from Kid Rock. 

Anyway, and I feel kind sheepish about this now, but at the time I had been waiting and waiting and waiting for a solo.  Just like normal, every time I have ever played "Miss You," it has gone on and on with no end in sight.  I finally just stole a few bars and kind went a little hard in the paint.  Now that I listen back, I may have stepped on the keyboard player a bit, which makes me feel like shit, honestly.  I hate being that guy at a jam.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2e9husj7wfwewb/File Jul 16%2C 10 23 24 AM.mov?dl=0

Nah, that was my buddy's firebird.  Last time it happened a few weeks ago, I did two hours on someone else's guitar.  Not sure how I ended up with it, or where he went, but it just worked out that way.  

I'll tell you one thing - I miss Nashville.  You can actually have people just hop on and off even if it isn't an open mic because they're are so many good players around.  Like all these dudes - no clue who they are, but good lord, that dude can sing.  I was sipping a Jame-o in the back when I heard, "Jason, get your ass up here and play som AC/DC."  So I did. 

Archived