Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Crimsontider

Members
  • Posts

    1,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Crimsontider

  1. Video comparing an Hamer Diablo 2 vs a Ibanez JEM 7. Any comments on the which sounds the best? To me one sounds much better than the other, but to many it may not be as extreme, or they may like the other.
  2. Primal Fear The Les Paul has the Zac Wild sound for the rhythm and leads have a European w/neo classical light sound(I like). I am assuming the drums are live but you cannot be certain, they lack dynamics on any fills which gives it a machine like sound. Overall, a little too polished, predictable and safe for my taste. I like a certain amount of rawness with less tamed guitars. A song posted below this one a little better.
  3. "incentivized" sounds like a good Def Leppard album title Speaking of Goldman and the resignation letter in disgust of their practices by someone named Greg Smith no doubt I am sure this is similar to the culture with the record label's "big four". Does everything that controls our interest have a " Big Four" these days? Kind of sad. I miss all the smaller labels not under an umbrella growing up who would actually give groups three + albums to do something to make money before cutting them without owing millions back. They have helped craft such an unnecessarily expensive system to compete that bands are owned instantly and put through a system with very low odds of success. The one's that do have success make people lots of money though, the rest are quickly cast aside for the next roll of the dice. Am I cynical..............yes http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html
  4. Poor some Sugar on me and Honey I'm Home is a perfect example of songs penned by Mutt Lange. I even heard some Brian Adams in Hysteria. Mutt has too much influence to many. I have always suspected that he was responsible for about 90% of Shania Twains success and that she has not attempting anything since their split is no coincidence. Your points about his youth and less hands on during the early AC/DC is excellent. I totally agree with you about Steve Clark. The totally unique and brilliantly clever hooks and riffs by Clark is by far my favorite songs in their collection. His departure was like Maiden losing Adrian Smith for a while. A unique dimension of melody was absent. While I like Phil and Viv, who will always be a god to me from his days with dio, no Clark = castrated Leppard!
  5. Ted Templeton is imprinted in my brain from staring at the Van Halen I album cover for hours while listening in awe back in the day. AC/DC, once you have an established producer like Mutt Lange, unless you are going in a different creative direction it's better to stay with the winning formula. Def Leppard for example never sounded the same without Mutt Lange, especially considering the way he crafted their sound and help in writing. With AC/DC, it would seem like another producer as good as templeton could incorporate their signature sound they had from Highway, Black and For those about to rock, unless told not to do so. Mutt Lange is probably at the top or is the top producer of any type of rock and roll in the modern age.......heavy or cross over country.
  6. Please tell me that you didn't mean that last line like it sounded! I think we'd all want to miss that! Reminds me of Tyler guesting on '2 and a Half Men', and Alan saying to him, "Y'know, I lost my virginity to you", and Tyler comes back with "Well, there's a lot of the 70's I don't remember" They did go out into the woods at Tyler's house, but I think it was for spiritual matter? I would like to see that episode. Alan is irreplaceable on the show too, imo.
  7. First time I ever got stoned I ended up face down on the floor with my ear right next to a stereo speaker with "Manic Depression" wafting out of it. I will never forget how great that guitar solo sounded as it swirled through my altered brain. Exactly, you don't have to be stoned the next time to hear the extra depth. It kind of stays with you forever.
  8. I know that I didn't 100% connect with Hendrix and his Wah Wah Pedal until listening under similar conditions . The connection stayed.
  9. #55, as in you've seen them 54 times? I don't think I've evened listen to a full recording of a particular band 54 times. Speaking of walking out on them.....had I not been as messed up as they were when I saw them in the late 70s I'd have walked out too. They were too fucked up to perform, and even the guitars were slurred. At the time I chalked it up as "rock-star" which in my young mind made it all the more cool. Chalk up another trait picked up by "The Crue". I watched 30 minutes of Mic Mars with a totally out of tune G string before bailing out in the 90's. Their biggest influence.......Aerosmith lol. Imo, a sad truth is that some of the greatest albums of all time were made during the early heavy drug influenced phase of a bands career, and this is no exception with Aerosmith. They were better live after they cleaned up, but they were using during their creative peak....imo.
  10. Not knowing them personally, I can say that I used to love their music before their Glam Metal comeback. They inspired a lot of musicians and bands, that's for sure. Tyler did Oprah, I missed that too!
  11. I got to sit down and have a beer with Ace and Sabastain Bach in the Minneapolis Airport in 2000. Ace is the only Kiss member still alive I have any respect for. Gene Simmons suing King Diamond over his makeup was the last time I ever thought about seeing them in concert. Nice guitar by the way!
  12. Finally, and that is a great outcome of this thread, Asian alder is different to US Alder or even European Alder. The same applies to other woulds woods. You could say that, but it is also not limited to the scale that you give it, and someone else could then tell you if you are ever interested in your wood, that no body should be entitled to know what type of wood they have because they may come from different seed. Different Forrest, different sound. People can also figure things out on the broader sense after they receive preliminary information. For instance, if the wood was soft maple, I would know exactly where it came from, and if it was Alder, I would do more research into different types. Not meant towards you: In my opinion, since that is what this thread became after I was advised to not worry about anything other than having fun, anyone that believes that there is no good reason to want to know what type of wood your guitar is made of, thinks is a narrow brain. There are lots of reasons to want that information other than specification nut, like was alluded to. I personally am into sound and not specs, but have reason to ask the question. I'll just add that I am not going to get an answer from an owner, which I specifically asked for in the thread title to avoid the type of responses that I received, like I should save up to buy another $1000 USA guitar, and then it will be worthy of an answer for Mr. Joe Blow no it all. Since even the highest grade Hamer imports are not real Hamer enough, then I am obviously on the wrong board. Maybe a board that has a Cort category might be more appropriate. Good day to all. I am moving on. If a stroke of luck happens and an owner happens to know, please email me at gregoryy2k@charter.net Thanks
  13. Why is a man of your important position ass a Hamer USA owner doing on a thread that specifically asks for help with a Korean model? Ego stroke maybe?.........not here pal, try another thread. First, I don't have to save for a guitar like you obviously do. Why in the world would I want a $1000 USA Californian, when I already have a $1200 USA 79 Stratocaster and a USA 88 BC Rich? Think for yourself instead of using these ignorant cliche's. I say ignorant because you haven't a clue of my situation but concocted one. That I am a poor old Korean Hamer user that doesn't have a USA model because of money. I think he was saying just enjoy the guitar for what it is and not worry about the wood type if you like the sound. If the type of wood is that important to you, HAMER USA uses easily identifiable woods that we could better help you with. I know exactly what he was saying, and it has been said a thousand times before and it;s not a fact but an opinion. He also only applied towards imports. I asked a question seeking a fact, not wanting your typical stupid philosophical opinion that you've seen a thousand times before that is idiotic on top of that. I can guarantee you that the ones that preach that do not apply it, they just can't answer the question. Wonder if anyone has thought that you can just sit back and enjoy the sweet sound of your guitar with the care free attitude of a pot head and be curious of the type of wood of your guitar? That might be too complicated for many, it's kind of a compromising way to look at things and would limit one's ability to preach. Anyway this board is not the place to come seeking questions on Hamer's, just specific Hamer's.
  14. Let's just say it is, and then the world will know.
  15. Deleted due to lack of board knowledge on 90's imports.
  16. The singer reminds me of Father Karass from the exorcist with good King Diamond type appeal.
  17. I like. Do I hear any King Diamond influence from anyone? Very well produced with excellent musicians. Are the drums live acoustic or sampled?
×
×
  • Create New...