Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Goodsell Super 17 Mk II w/ reverb 1x12 combo w/ upgrades

This one is a bit painful, but the wife needs a new washer/dryer, and she wants the hi end LG steam units, so I need to sell some gear to fund them.

This is a 100% mint Goodsell Super Seventeen Mk II (latest circuit) w/ reverb in a 1x12 combo format. Tolex is green, trim is white, logo and chassis are gold, and grill is cane brown basketweave (looks really sharp).

It is tubed with Mullard EL84's and Tung Sol 12AX7's. I settled on this combination after trying everything imaginable. The Mullard EL84's in particular really make a difference in this very high end amp. The cleans are simply pristine...even better than the Bruno's I have had. Cranked, it sounds like the best vintage 30 year old tweed amp you've ever heard.

I also upgraded the speaker to a (bought new for this amp) 8 ohm Celestion Heritage G12H-30, again after trying most everything, as this sounded the best in the amp.

Price is $1400 firm...no low balls...between the upgraded tubes and speaker I have more than $350 in upgrades into this amp, and its like new (has only sat in my home studio since I got it).

I need to see cash on this one, or I wouldn't be selling it. Only thing I can consider on trade is a small, low wattage amp head, with you still throwing in a good chunck of change.

I can take/send pics to seriously interested parties.

For what it's worth, I heard a lot of amps blaring at the OC show last weekend. One of them made me get up and leave the booth to find out what it was - it sounded GREAT.

I got to the booth and there was Richard Goodsell letting someone try out his limited edition 5/17 (like a super 17 with a 5w option). He had made a run of these for NAMM and brought it over to let us check them out.

The guy trying it bought it - if he hadn't, I was thinking about it...

Super nice guy, seems to know what he's doing, and that amp sounded phenomenal.

Guest pirateflynn

Hmmm, maybe I shoudl sell one of my other ones :-)

No, I can't even say it.

I hear great things about the Goodsell Amps! Best of luck with the sale.

[quote name=DavidE' date='Jan 24 2008, 02:31

After hearing Butch Walker's sound, this amp interests me but it's something I'd want to play first before putting my bucks down. Coming to Columbus any time soon? ;-)

No, sorry, won't be coming to Columbus anytime soon!

But here is a quick time video that does a very good job presenting the amp and it sounds. The really capured the vibe of this amp very well in this video.

http://www.superseventeen.com/images/Goods...Super_17_md.mov

You'll need Apple QuickTime (free) to view the video...

I've owned one of these amps before. I regretfully sold it. I had the "head" version. If I had the cash, I'd buy one again.

Goodsell makes great amps. Whoever buys this will get an awesome amp. I really wish I had the dough.

Since we've got a lovefest going, I have an S17 and there is something really special about these amps the feel they have makes it very easy to play. The best clean tone out of an amp I've ever heard.

I'm trying to get my (notroiously cheap) buddy to buy this, but don't hold your breath.

GREAT AMP!!!!!! Man, this thing REALLY sings. Great transaction. Carl met me half way in a pouring rain and ice storm. Amp was EVEN BETTER than he described it!!!! Great people on this forum. I purchased SERIAL's 79 Hamer Sunburst last year (Best sounding guitar I have ever owned!) Another smooth easy transaction.

Happy to have found you guy's!!

Guest pirateflynn

GREAT AMP!!!!!! ............. I purchased SERIAL's 79 Hamer Sunburst last year (Best sounding guitar I have ever owned!)

Wow, that's a great set-up!

Archived