Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Slammer Series

Many of us are aware that Hamer's first wave of imports with a big Hamer logo and "Slammer Series" underneath it, made in Korea in the mid-'90s, are probably the best Hamer imports ever. Many have excellent tone woods (e.g., all mahogany Eclipse) and decent pickups. One thing that didn't help them was the Slammer (big logo) "by Hamer" (small letters) series from Indonesia that soon followed. That diluted the brand and forever associated "Slammer" with "crap."

I've noticed recently that boltneck Hamer Slammer Series axes have dropped to giftlike prices relative to their quality. Cases in point:

1) I was in a local pawn shop that had two Hamer Slammer Series guitars, one a Strat copy in sunburst/maple fretboard in excellent shape with nice gig bag (missing whammy bar) for $69.99. The other was a rear-loaded Strat-type in black with quartersawn rosewood board and (probably) Schaller fulcrum bridge. No whammy bar or bag, $99.99. It was a little scarred up but not beat, and sounded sweet and played great. I walked out of there with the pair for $128 plus tax. Both had the Slammer Series black headstocks, which look pretty cool.

2) I saw a Slammer Series Esquire copy on an Internet vendor site with ash obody in cherry sunburst and ivory pearloid pickguard (also with black headstock) for $149, 9/10 shape, no bag.

JWRV0taTxUa_wKx31IwMXQ.JPG

3) Here's a Slammer Series Cruise bass that went for $152.45.

So what's my point?

1) If any of you want to steer beginners to a great axe to start on, that's where to look.

2) Excellent Christmas gifts for aspiring guitarists and bassists.

3) Need a backup or want to try a different format without sinking a lot of dough in it? These are no-brainers. When you find a keeper, drop in some Rios, Duncans, Fralins, etc.

Here's a Slammer Series Cruise bass that went for $152.45.

I had no idea there were Slammer Series Cruisebasses. Incredible deal there.

Is that a Gotoh bridge?

And here's yet another Slammer Series w/Floyd and gig bag for $149 BIN.

I have a white Centaura Slammer Series which is my preferred shredder EVER. :rolleyes:

Archived