Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1976 Marshall JMP50 MKII - Bray Panther mod


Recommended Posts

Posted

Up for grabs is simply the best Marshall I've ever heard - anywhere. Also for sale is the matching Avatar 2x12 cab w/ Scumback M75s.

It's a 50 watt 1976 JMP, w/ 4 inputs.

Panther mod package includes:

1. MV on back of amp

2. Channels internally jumpered

3. Hi & low inputs - anywhere from early Hendrix to glorious hard rock tones in one box.

4. Pull boost that sounds like a really good tube screamer - foot switchable.

Essentially, Bray's mod provides a lower volume option to get cranked classic Marshall tone. It will get up and jam when the MV is wide open, but most folks will keep it back a little in a band/gig situation.

Overdriven, rock tones is this amp's forte and it does not disappoint. Think Lizzy, UFO, and other 70s tones and you're in the ballpark. It will also do early VH (I,II, Fair W&CF) all the way up to Motorhead with no pedals.

Near perfect tolex and logo - looks new. The only "issue" is that the faceplate is slightly bent - it can be fixed if it bothers you, but I never worried about it.

Price is $1200 shipped to the lower 48. I'd prefer a USPS MO, but I'll accept Paypal if we split the fees.

I have a matching 2x12 Avatar cab with Scumback speakers that is also available with the head or separately. It features best speaker available (IMO) for blues-rock and rock tone - the mighty Scumback M75. Each speaker is rated at 65 watts (16 ohms), so you can use the cab with a 100 watter if you wanted. Sounds glorious with the matching Marshall head. The speakers were well over $300 and the cab was another $400, so I've got over $700 just in the cab.

The cab is priced at $500 shipped to the lower 48.

Get both pieces for $1600 shipped to the lower 48.

I have lots of references here or the Gear Page and Ebay (193 perfect feedbacks - username Bluesking89).

I'm selling because I just don't use it that much and it needs to be played.

JMP1.jpg

JMP2.jpg

100_2461.jpg

100_2462.jpg

100_2463.jpg

Posted

It won't hurt to look...............

Still available as of now.

Email sent. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...