Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I need dimensions for a JCM 800 head

hamerboy_

Question

I've spent some serious time on-line trying to find the dimensions for a Marshall JCM 800 head. I can't find anything specific.

Long and short of it, I work at a high-end millwork (wood) shop and have access to all the baltic birch I can get my hands on. And my dad owns an auto upholstery shop. In other words, I have the means and ability to make custom repro cabs. I just happen to have a JCM 800 4104 combo chassis that I want to build a head cabinet for. I could obviously build something more than adequate. But I'd really like to build something as close to stock as possible. At the least, an accurate measurement (metric, i.e. millimeters) of the back metal panel would get me on the way. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Bobby

6 answers to this question

The google search I just did came up with several finds of 30" x 12" x 9".....are the JCM900 heads the same? If so I can pull one out and measure it for you.

Yeah, Dave, I think they're the same. But those are generic dimensions. And I think the height dimension includes the "feet" as well. If you have the time I would really appreciate it. Like I said above, the metal back plate size would be a big help. I could almost build it around that. I do have a '78 2203 sitting here. The chassis are identical,(really the 2203 and 2204's are basically the same amps going from the JMP to the JCM 800 line, the cosmetics are the only difference) so it fits in the cabinet. The front panel with the grill cloth and the metal panel in the back, which should be similar if not identical in size, are the crucial measurements I need.

-Bobby

Outer dimensions (not counting feet): 29 1/8 x 10 3/4 x 8 1/4

Inner dimensions of front: 26 1/8 x 8 3/4 (actually, just slightly over)

Inner dimensions of back: 27 x 9 1/2

Dimensions of back grill: 27 x 7 1/8

Dimensions of amp chassis: 27 x 6 3/4 x 2 5/8

All measurements are inches. Not sure how much variance from amp to amp, or year to year, or model to model. Mine's a 2203. I think yer right that they should all be close, if not the same, but i ain't no expert...

Hope that helps.

Thanks, fellas. That should help. Looks as if the combo chassis is a little different. That shouldn't hinder the project though. Inches are cool. I convert metric to standard in my head all day long. It's even amazing to me how fast I can do it now. But I've had to do it for years. The standard of measurement in the woodworking industry is metric; nearly all of the machines I run are from Europe. The CNC machines I run are from Italy. And the panel saw is from Austria. Just some fun facts!

-Bobby

Thanks, fellas. That should help. Looks as if the combo chassis is a little different. That shouldn't hinder the project though. Inches are cool. I convert metric to standard in my head all day long. It's even amazing to me how fast I can do it now. But I've had to do it for years. The standard of measurement in the woodworking industry is metric; nearly all of the machines I run are from Europe. The CNC machines I run are from Italy. And the panel saw is from Austria. Just some fun facts!

-Bobby

For what it's worth, I have an empty JCM800 head enclosure. I can provide measurements that you may need (PM me if you still need), or I'd sell you this thing. It has a square of covering missing off the top, so you'd probably want to recover it.

Archived