Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The thrill of the unknown


Recommended Posts

Posted

So we're sitting around the dinner table a couple of nights ago and I blurt out:

"If I don't buy a Standard sometime soon I gonna hate myself forever"

Wife: :blink: "Didn't you say those had the shorter-scale-dealy you don't like?"

Me: :P "Well, yeah...."

Wife: "And how are you gonna pay for it?"

Me: "Sell my Mirage and..."

Wife: "Don't you like that guitar?"

Me: ...

Well sure I like that guitar. But the lure of that Standard shape, the crowns (oh yeah, it's gotta be a custom, too), the headstock, the sound of that big hunka mahogany... too much to resist. :ph34r:

To hell with the fact I heven't met a 24.75" scale length guitar that I've liked. That won't be this guitar.

Anyone else ever got rid of a sure thing for the thrill of the unknown before and lived to tell about it? Leave the women/guys out of it :D

Posted

Yeah. I'm alive. I sold my white 81 LP Custom to finish building my Formulas 455, which promptly ate the transmission and blew up. Sigh.

Posted

well, you'll live to tell about it, but there are different levels of living...a quadruple amputee is "living"...

Posted
well, you'll live to tell about it, but there are different levels of living...a quadruple amputee is "living"...

So true, so true.

Posted
I'm just watching Formula's avatar.... :blink:

And a fine avatar it is, too.

Huh. I just realized one of the last threads I started on the old board had to do with dumb sale/trades right before I sold my Daytona.

Maybe I'm telling myself something here. :D

Posted

I'm impressed your wife knows the scale length of various models LOL I do love the top on your blue Mirage Mapletop ( and no I can't buy right now :blink: ) paging Travis!

Posted

Two Less Pauls, Guild S-3, Vanguard. I've bought a few since we've been married, and sold them all for the exact same reason.

Posted
I'm just watching Formula's avatar.... :D

It's hypnotic, isn't it?

Yeeeeeeessssssssssssss :blink:

Posted
Anyone else ever got rid of a sure thing for the thrill of the unknown before and lived to tell about it?  Leave the women/guys out of it  :blink:

Throwing myself to the lions, but here 'goes. I sold a >3,000 dollar Hamer with SD Antiquities to fund a '59 Les Paul that had me frothing at the mouth. I've played alot of Hamers, still have a couple, and for that matter I've played alot of Gibsons. It was not about getting rid of a lesser for a better, frankly the Hamer couldn't get any better. But I wanted the cherry sunburst in a sick way, and I'm damn glad I made the switch because in the context of just these two guitars, the LP and I have bonded way more the that particular Hamer and I did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...