bmenary Posted May 30, 2012 Posted May 30, 2012 SOLD<<<<<<<<<<<< PICS- http://s34.photobuck...nary/Darkburst/ Description- Feel free to contact me for more info- Happy to take calls-overall shape is very good a few dings on the top down by the bottom- few here and there- some minor checking starting on the back on the neck- On the back of the headstock running off the High E string is a deep scratch- it looks like a crack but it’s not- it’s just a scratch- Neck is thin width nut but with a medium deep carve-it’s a great neck- I think so at least- guitar sounds incredible- all original except for the strap buttons which I think I still have or may have- forgot to shoot electronics- original hamer pots actually quite a clean cavity and pots- most of these old sunbursts are a wreck in the electronics cavity- guitar has been pretty well cared for- it’s a bit heavier then most sunbursts- but again, sounds great- I can weigh exact if you want- I will estimate 8 LBS- The switch I have never been sure of- I have it wired up- I think it puts one of the pups out of phase- Sounds cool- Anyone seriously interested best to write me at my home/work email or post here- Will respond- menary@technicalsearch.net
kizanski Posted May 30, 2012 Posted May 30, 2012 I remember that one from when it was at BCR.Beautiful top with a mini toggle.
bmenary Posted May 31, 2012 Author Posted May 31, 2012 Ok- It's for sale- I will post pics tonight- $1375 Shipped Conus-
bmenary Posted May 31, 2012 Author Posted May 31, 2012 Lots of interest- I have owned not many but a good 7or 8 78 to 82 Sunbursts- We are all aware of the issues the 70's Sunbursts have and I can say for sure that this is a good instrument- No springy neck- No Hameritis, No major cosmetic issues, No bad JuJu- Someone buy it before I wig out and put it back on the pile and sell something else-I am getting closer- Please- Guaranteed to rock-
Andrew Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 Great colour!Late Grovers - must have been using up stock as about 0 1700 on they usually have Schallers (not always, though). And the transition bridge - wider spacing using smaller saddles. I have seen this on several from about 0 2400 up to the low 3000s; thereafter small saddles, small spacing.Every Hamer here adds to our collective knowledge.
Hamer Dave Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 That mini toggle isn't original, is it? I emailed you two nights ago, but at that time you may have had it as an '81? Must be a very late '80 at 2412. Nice, if it only had the extra board dressing of crowns would be sweet.Dave
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.