Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Pop" when clicking Valve Reamer Footswitch

BoogieMKIIA

Question

I got a Love Pedal  SNS Valve Reamer a couple of years ago. Don't know if this is best, but notice a loud pop or thump when hitting the Footswitch to On.

Is this normal? Would running on a hot spot versus 9V battery make a difference? My other pedals (non-boost) don't do this.

How best to reach Lovepedal?

4 answers to this question

Sorry you are having issues. Wish I had a real answer to your question. [Content Removed: The idea of a guy that still licks his finger to test if the outlet is hot attempting to answer a question from an electrical engineer probably belongs in the joke thread.] 

As for getting in touch with LovePedal, I've heard that the best way to get a response is to hit them up on their Instagram page. 

Sean Michael (@lovepedalcustomeffects) • Instagram photos and videos

I've not tried that myself, so please don't blame me if he doesn't call back.

Doug

30 minutes ago, Hbom said:

Sorry you are having issues. Wish I had a real answer to your question. Seems like there are a half dozen reasons that might happen. When I googled it, all the answers were in line with me not being smart enough to understand standard electrical circuitry. Most used answer was "add another resister" but I really couldn't tell you where.

As for getting in touch with LovePedal, I've heard that the best way to get a response is to hit them up on their Instagram page. 

Sean Michael (@lovepedalcustomeffects) • Instagram photos and videos

I've not tried that myself, so please don't blame me if he doesn't call back.

Doug

Thanks.

I’m an electrical engineer and can theorize several scenarios. Experience tells me it is often easier to find someone who had the problem and found the fix - maybe I’m rusty or lazy 😄

I will try setting the gain from low to high to see if it changes. I’m thinking with the likely simple circuit, just may be the way it is. The switch transient just gets amplified. And try with battery and with Hot Spot. Could add an electrolytic cap at the adapter input

Archived