Hamer Fan Club Message Center

History of a Sunburst

Slade Moore

Question

My first Hamer arrived yesterday. I can’t even describe how pleased I am with this guitar. The tone ranges from sweet to beastly and the neck feels as if it were designed to my personal specs. Though I would have been hard pressed to articulate those with any precision. The light weight was also a very happy and unexpected surprise. I’ve been looking high and low for this model and year, based mainly on what I’ve learned about it from The Book, Andrew Large’s Sunburst pages, and the content from experts in the HFC. I want to thank the HFC and especially Mike Lang, the seller. Mike was simply fantastic. 

Lastly, I have a request. I’d like to document this guitar’s history. If anyone has experience with it, can I contact you to learn more about it? The serial number is 9 1353 and the top was refinished. Thank you all.51034B29-1994-416B-A079-9BBBCAB46545.jpeg.8b867fbe412f64f5e0588daa6c9da0e2.jpeg

5 answers to this question

Excellent! You are always happy with your first real (USA) Hamer (I know I was). I've had 3 myself and still have one (my 2006 Studio in Aztec Gold). Enjoy the love affair :)

2 hours ago, Slade Moore said:

My first Hamer arrived yesterday. I can’t even describe how pleased I am with this guitar. The tone ranges from sweet to beastly and the neck feels as if it were designed to my personal specs. Though I would have been hard pressed to articulate those with any precision. The light weight was also a very happy and unexpected surprise. I’ve been looking high and low for this model and year, based mainly on what I’ve learned about it from The Book, Andrew Large’s Sunburst pages, and the content from experts in the HFC. I want to thank the HFC and especially Mike Lang, the seller. Mike was simply fantastic. 

Lastly, I have a request. I’d like to document this guitar’s history. If anyone has experience with it, can I contact you to learn more about it? The serial number is 9 1353 and the top was refinished. Thank you all.51034B29-1994-416B-A079-9BBBCAB46545.jpeg.8b867fbe412f64f5e0588daa6c9da0e2.jpeg

I Love the Sunburst.  It's just an all-'round great guitar!

BTW: Did Andrew Large write a book on the Sunburst, or just a web article?  I looked for "the book" and couldn't find it.

Thanks for asking. With “The Book”, I was referring to “The Ultimate: An Illustrated History if Hamer Guitars”, by Joe Moffett and Steve Matthes. Andrew Large’s website (The Ultimate Hamer USA Guitar Archive) can be found at: https://www.buddlejagarden.co.uk/hamer/guitar.htm

23 hours ago, Slade Moore said:

Thanks for asking. With “The Book”, I was referring to “The Ultimate: An Illustrated History if Hamer Guitars”, by Joe Moffett and Steve Matthes. Andrew Large’s website (The Ultimate Hamer USA Guitar Archive) can be found at: https://www.buddlejagarden.co.uk/hamer/guitar.htm

Yup, I've got a signed copy of "The Ultimate".

Wish there was a follow up book, but I'm sure there was a ton of time, effort, and money put into producing a book like "The Ultimate".

And, Thanks for that link above.

Archived