Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LucSulla

Members
  • Posts

    6,141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    69

Everything posted by LucSulla

  1. My old rock band is playing a reunion tonight. I figure three different tunings, three different guitars.
  2. I just found some old Ei 12AX7s and 6CA7s in a box in my closet. Yay life!
  3. HAHA!!! funny hey go see my bro's tribute THINK LIZZY https://www.facebook.com/thinklizzytx?fref=ts I liked them on FB and will keep an eye out for them.
  4. Same here Brooks. I had a kid try to haggle with me just a month ago after agreeing on the price for an amp. I needed to move it on, so I came down a little bit more. He then asked if I'd throw in a speaker cable. I responded, "Do I look like fucking Guitar Center? Be happy you are leaving with just an amp and not an ass kicking too." Fucking Austin slackers.
  5. Here's an old performance that Natalie would kill me for posting (no monitors, so she is flat here there pretty noticeably). But hey, Disturber likes shit raw, plus you can't see me.
  6. Is forgot all about this beer commercial. Reminds me of this beer commercial. http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/schmitts-gay/n10163
  7. I think both this song and Mark Lanegan are awfully cool. http://youtu.be/zP5GWYXp4d0
  8. I have a tattoo of Waylon Jennings, but then I wound up looking like Waylon Jennings. Most people think I have a tattoo of myself. Oh well.
  9. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right niche for them as well. The Standard I was going to sell wound up being a metal machine, but I did really know that until I got to play it through an amp that was really opened up. I don't own another guitar that is as balanced and articulate but still totally nasty at high volume and gain.
  10. I have it on good authority that this is the precise moment when America won the Cold War. London dealt a might blow to communism this night.
  11. Well, here ya go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulla
  12. Handed off. Godspeed, WPS! Met up with Hamerica, ate BBQ, learned what "BTMN" stands for. Fun lunch!
  13. I believe you're being too modest. You clearly have the skills and ear to make any of it happen. Marty always throws a few curveballs compared to textbook pattern players, but Symphony is easy compared to most everything else I've tried. Peace Sells is a fine choice to tackle, but can the rest of your band do it too? They had no slouches on their stage. Edited to add: I can't believe I used the word 'easy.' Maybe I should have said 'straightforward' or 'conventional' or something. Edited again to remind myself that I have nothing useful to offer here. -- It is definitely more straightforward, but for some reason, all of Poland's weirdness is easy (well, easier) for me to figure out. It might be the country band, believe it or not, but a lot of his jazzy little twists and turns are kind of there. However, the stretches and precision used by Friedman are just not like what I do. I'd really like to do it though - I love how lyrical those arpeggios can sound vs. my usual scale crap I always end up doing. I can't see ever screwing around with anything on RIP - that stuff sounds hard to begin with.
  14. The chorus licks for "Bark at the Moon," are some of my favorite ever precisely because they are harder than the damned solo, IMO. But Jake is so fluid that until you sit down to play it, you'd never know just how crazy they are. Even when you play it, you think the 16th notes are going to be the pain in the ass, but hitting those octave slides is really the trickiest part. That all had a big influence on my writing when I lean more toward this kind of stuff.
  15. I'm having to learn "Peace Sells" and "Symphony of Destruction" for le metal band. I alway though Chris Poland was the true wizard of that band just because I played so outside, but Marty is kicking my ass. Aside from a couple of things my right hand just won't do at the moment (which is frustrating because I can pick the rhythm fine on a string but not as an arpeggio between strings), Friedman's sliding these arpeggios so gracefully up and down the neck is fucking tough. I would have never guessed "Symphony" was really all that hard to play until I tried to do it. I am a big fan of making tricky stuff sound simple though, so I have to give Marty the nod after messing around with these two songs. Now I am caught between, "Ah, fuck it, I can fake it and only MegaDave fans will know the difference," and, "I should really learn this because it will make me a better player."
  16. Sometimes I play the metal. https://soundcloud.com/jason-cain-8/death-spiral
  17. This is awesome and should be shared.
  18. Man, I was going to make a topic on this, but it's too fucked up. Whilst trying to read up on Dave Mustaine's current insanity, I stumbled across a page of Metallica themed fan fiction. It's like watching a car accident. http://archiveofourown.org/tags/James%20Hetfield*s*Jason%20Newsted/works I was out after one of these ended with James blowing Jason while he was dressed like Batman. Is this what the more literarily inclined teenage girls are doing with their time these days? On third thought, just know it exists. Don't read any of it. My god, I'm going to have to go soak in the shower and cry now.
  19. Not if it makes you happy. I used to have a customer that bought a case of Johnnie Walker Blue every week. He mixed it with Coke, and it was one of his favorite things in the world (well that and being drunk I'd guess). Who am I to tell him how to spend the money he worked to make?
  20. Some days I feel like when you have played long enough, you've tried all the bullshit, and used every trick, then you are finally ready to understand the true beauty of the telecaster. It's like earning a doctorate, the day you pick up a tele on an slightly overdriven amp (or T-51, ASAT, Nash, you get the idea) and it all just finally makes beautiful sense.
×
×
  • Create New...