-
Posts
6,141 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
69
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by LucSulla
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
100% doing a country show tonight in an Adidas track suit with Adidas branded slides and flat bill hat and a Morbid Angel T-Shirt underneath. Because I'm that guy. Wonder if Family Dollar has any cheap "gold" chains... -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
There are a lot of flashier slide players that have laid it down over the years, but few move me like the performance on this track. Yes, this is another ever-so-often post to reiterate that the Faces were fucking awesome. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I thought this was pretty great. Includes him running through Sails of Charon. -
Just spent an hour setting up a new needle. Boy what a difference! Not sure I ever set my first one up correctly, which may be way that one wore out seemingly quick. Listening to this:
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
This version of it this is one of my favorite things. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
😳 Well, I guess that's how you cover f'n Priest (at least as far as vocals). -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Muscle Shoals Little Richard is the best Little Richard. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I still feel like The Faces are the band most people are thinking of when they're thinking of The Stones over the same period, and I don't mean that as pastiche. Such a killer rock and roll band. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Albert King, Jr. told me I'm a badass guitarist and got my number last Friday. And he really is the son of THAT Albert King. So that made 2022 worth it. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
If ever a person's name and an album cover could be less representative of the badassery contained in the sleeve. Michael Willis' guitar playing on this whole album is fucking ridiculous. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Well, good news is, all that was needed was a truss rod tweak. No structural or finish damage. It and an old Ibanez 560 I bought are the only two guitars I bought just for fun that wound up being outrageously good guitars that are reliably awesome for most any gig. And that isn’t Hamer chauvinism. I’ve owned a lot of Hamer’s, but this one just has a thing that makes me love to pick it up. Glad my absent mindedness didn’t lead to anything serious. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Depends on if @gwayne owned a cat, lol. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Forgot to take my damn Hamer Studio out of the bed of my truck last night and let it sit out there in direct 95 degree sunlight in the case for about 5 hours today. It was so hot, it some how evaporated the sweat from practice last night in my strap and left it as condensation under the bridge and tailpiece. I thought at first the poly was bubbling, but thankfully, it wasn't. I do have some kind of discoloring on my pickups thought. I left it open in the garage the rest of the day and cleaning it up a little bit to avoid shocking it coming back in the house. I think I may get away with just having to tweak the truss rod, but I'll wait overnight after I bring it back in the house. Best Hamer I've ever owned probably. I was just sick when I was working from home today and noticed the case wasn't sitting with the rest of the stuff I brought in last night. -
Everyone I Went to High School with Is Dead
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
My dawg. Give me more or that Kool-Aid, Rev. Jones. Just the kind of enabling that I come here for, haha. -
"Dirty Hands Empty Pockets"
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Here's my stupid ass. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I guess I'm into Ibanez's now. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I played a killer show tonight, and walking back to my truck, I thought of all of y’all. I love ye merry band of assholes. I appreciate y’all keeping me around all these years. -
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
JCM 800s are the best amp. -
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
LucSulla replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I've heard Lonesome Crow on the recommendation from Mikael Akerfeldt, oddly enough. I like Opeth a lot. After hearing "The Sails of Charon," I thought to myself, "Well, this is about 10 Opeth songs." Going through all of Scorp's 70s stuff today. Definitely more my thing than their 80s output.