Saul Goodman Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago (edited) One guy in the comments calls him Dave and another calls him Stephen. And pickups for $1,750?? One guy says he's been waiting on his pickups to be delivered for a year and as soon as he made a public comment the guy replied he'd get his pickups in 2 weeks. Anyone in the know (ITK)? ETA: The guy looks IBS Edited 14 hours ago by Saul Goodman Quote
Victor (Fret Friend) Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago Is this for real??? This guy is off the spectrums spectrum!!! 4 Quote
alantig Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago 2 hours ago, Victor (Fret Friend) said: Is this for real??? This guy is off the spectrums spectrum!!! I thought when you were off the spectrum spectrum it was called "colorblindness". 2 Quote
Dave Scepter Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago (edited) His name is Dave Stevens, I kind of feel sorry for him, he's just an old dude trying to drudge through life... 🤷♂️ How to Contact Dave Stephens: SD Pickups, Custom Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design https://share.google/61eqtq5bpA4F46IWF Edited 12 hours ago by Dave Scepter 1 Quote
Saul Goodman Posted 11 hours ago Author Posted 11 hours ago 45 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: His name is Dave Stevens, I kind of feel sorry for him, he's just an old dude trying to drudge through life... 🤷♂️ How to Contact Dave Stephens: SD Pickups, Custom Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design https://share.google/61eqtq5bpA4F46IWF I wasn't making a fun post or making fun of him. His YouTube channel is, "SDPickups." He's old, I don't know how old Seymour D is now. I looked it up and thought Seymour looks like shit for 75. I watched it twice and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I read the comments, also confusing because of two different names being used. During the second pass I wondered if it was someone working for Seymour. I did finally find his website which has multiple broken links and then I realized it's not Seymour Duncan Pickups. And, now it makes sense because I watched several videos about a month ago where the guy spoke very slowly, in depth, never showing himself, about the ABR 1 bridge. Each video was around 30 minutes long, going in depth about the metals and dimensions in the original ABR 1. I almost posted those videos but then decided you guys would think I've fallen out of my wheelchair being that interested in a bridge. He had some good points. Now I've learned he's one of 4 people who are in the business to sell this bridge. And it's hundreds of dollars. So no, I wasn't making a joke about this poor old guy. Well, except for the IBS edit. I honestly thought it may be Seymour at SDpickups. Quote
Dave Scepter Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago 24 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said: no, I wasn't making a joke about this poor old guy Never said you did... quit being a paranoid Homo! 🤣 1 Quote
Saul Goodman Posted 5 hours ago Author Posted 5 hours ago 4 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Never said you did... quit being a paranoid Homo! 🤣 I wasn't throwin' shade achew, Cis Ge! 😇 1 Quote
Dave Scepter Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 30 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said: I wasn't throwin' shade achew, Cis Ge! 😇 Oh I know, I just wanted to use "paranoid Homo" in a sentence 🤣 Quote
crunchee Posted 49 minutes ago Posted 49 minutes ago (edited) I've heard of the guy before but never dealt with him, he is/was one of the few people I know of who makes/used to make a repro of the Gibson P-13 single coil 'speed bump' pickup, which were found on lots of vintage Harmony/Silvertone-branded lap steels and some vintage Harmony archtops and semi-solidbody guitars, and were originally on those guitars from the late '30s/early 40's well into the late '50s. Curtis Novak also makes P-13 repro pickups, too. Neither one is inexpensive IIRC, last time I checked. His company's 'SD' moniker is, needless to say, easily confused with Seymour Duncan pickups, and apparently unrelated to those. Home: SD Pickups, Custom-Made Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design Edited 43 minutes ago by crunchee Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.