Kurt L Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 Got it in a trade but have decided not to keep it. Sounds just like a Les Paul should.A few things you ought to know:1) Pickups have been changed. They're still Gibson pickups but I'm not positive which model. If I had to guess I'd say Classic '57s. Previous owner took the cover off the bridge pickup but I still have it if you want to re-install.2) Rhythm volume pot is a little scratchy. Should be easy to clean up, I just haven't done it yet. 3) Minor fret wear on 1, 2 and 3. Previous owner liked a wound-G.4) He also locked himself out of the case and removed the lock. All latches function properly.Don't let those things shy you away - I'm just going with full disclosure. It's a nice Les that has been played (and I think that's a very good sign.) Pics of everything:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPonsofa.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPstack.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPpickups.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPcase3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPcase2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPcase1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPfull.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/kurtl/LPheadstock2.jpgHave bought and sold on the HFC and can provide references if needed. I'm asking $1150 plus shipping.
serial Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 I almost hate myself for asking this, but how is the weight?
Kurt L Posted November 24, 2006 Author Posted November 24, 2006 Using the bathroom scale and the "Kurt plus Les Paul minus Kurt by himself" method, it's eight pounds.But I am HIGHLY skeptical of that result. The Les is fairly substantial and I'm pretty sure it weighs more than that. Sorry I don't have anything more accurate.
serial Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 I usually don't care and have never weighed a guitar myself, but w/LPs they can get pretty damned hefty. If I was looking at T-51s or Daytonas, I'd ask too! Thanks!
Jeff R Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 Yeah, you really gotta be a corksniffer and ask about weight, really. I found out the hard way in the late 90s when I got a '79 Standard in a trade that weighed around 13 pounds, no joke. It sounded fine and played great, but three sets with that sucker would leave you bedridden the following morning.
kizanski Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 ... three sets with that sucker would leave you bedridden the following morning.Couldn't have been the three cases of Milla Lite...
Robert1950 Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 I don't the think the Pups are '57 Classics. I have a pair and they have the 'patent applied for" sticker on the back of the pickups, just like the original PAFs
Kurt L Posted November 25, 2006 Author Posted November 25, 2006 [i don't the think the Pups are '57 Classics.]I said up front that I'm not sure. But I've had other guitars with '57s in them that sounded similar.
Robert1950 Posted November 25, 2006 Posted November 25, 2006 I said up front that I'm not sure. But I've had other guitars with '57s in them that sounded similar.Too bad I'm not in the market right now (read: no money). I like plaintop bursts. A very good selling price. I'm surprised no one has snapped it up. Pups might be Burstbucker if they were changed and sound similar to '57s. If it is a 1960 Classic, the original pups may have been the hotter ceramics.
Kurt L Posted November 30, 2006 Author Posted November 30, 2006 Bump - surprised that no one has snagged this yet.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.