Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Trade bait: 2004 Korina Special w/P90s

Great guitar, but I'm not bonding with the pickups. I'm a humbucker guy. I should have bought Miss Charlie's Monaco Superpro when she had it for sale, so I'm interested in a trade for another one; if that doesn't happen I'll sell the Speical for $1300 shipped. Includes two sets of pickups, Duncan Vintages installed (bridge is overwound to 11K by the SD custom shop), stock P90s in the case. Aiken amp not included.

kspec1.jpg

kspec2.jpg

kspec3.jpg

How did the SD vintages sounded compared with the stock ones on your VAC ?

I actually haven't run them through the VAC yet. Sounded good through my Peavey Classic 50 at Bruce's this past Saturday night.

Chris,

I have a pair of DiMarzio DLX-1 humbuckers that will fit in those P-90 cavities with no modifications. The're yours if you want them (paying off the Cali referral, bit by bit). Want to give it a shot before you jettison the Special?

Chris,

I have a pair of DiMarzio DLX-1 humbuckers that will fit in those P-90 cavities with no modifications. The're yours if you want them (paying off the Cali referral, bit by bit). Want to give it a shot before you jettison the Special?

That's an idea. Plus it'll give me an excuse to head back up to Minnesota so you can pop 'em in for me!

I really dig the soapbar size DiMarzios I'm using, a virtual P-90 neck and an overwound somewhere between P-90 and minbucker bridge, it's sure worth a listen if you dig the rest of the guitar (I sure do, I'm gassing for korina since I tried Steves V)

(drumroll)....

"Tree-Fitty"?

Very cool lookin' git indeed.

Guest galejt

Dave.

You have been wanting one for a while now.

This is Korina.

You have been wanting one for a while now.

Go go go...

LOL.... you guys kill me. I don't have the cash to spend on it right now. As far as trades go, I keep asking myself how this simple, yet very cool guitar, could be worth more than something like an Artist Custom with it's carved top, fine woods, binding, inlay etc....

Unless you want a couple of nice shredders.....

Archived