crunchee Posted July 25, 2010 Posted July 25, 2010 No affiliation. I don't think I've seen one except in brochures long ago. Stadium logo! The neck's got more birds-eyes than that Hitchcock movie. And it has a piezo? Looks like the same back control panel you see on Duotones. What's the difference between this and a Daytona? P.S. Oops, I need to put this up, too. http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-Hamer-Trad-62-Sun...=item2eaebcf2c9
atquinn Posted July 26, 2010 Posted July 26, 2010 No piezo. The T62 has the same active preamp as the Vintage S. 3 EQ bands and gain. T62's are quite a bit different than Daytonas. Smaller, 7/8 strat body, birdseye maple neck and pau ferro fretboard (as opposed to regular maple and rosewood or maple fretboard). 2-point trem as opposed to 6-screw on the Daytona. Relieved neck joint as opposed to the full, blocky one on the Daytona. Basically, despite its name, the T62 is a true "superstrat" whereas the Daytona is much more of a strat clone.-Austin
specialk Posted July 26, 2010 Posted July 26, 2010 Thanks for the explanation of differences between the Dayton and T-62, Austin. I never knew what the differences were (but then I'm not a Strat guy).
crunchee Posted July 26, 2010 Author Posted July 26, 2010 Thanks for the explanation of differences between the Dayton and T-62, Austin. I never knew what the differences were (but then I'm not a Strat guy).+1, same here! Thanks, Austin!
carfish7 Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 OK, one more for the T-62 literate - is the headstock a tilted-back affair on these? I think I could really groove on the T-62. Too bad they don't come in cool colors like Surf Green or something Z
atquinn Posted July 27, 2010 Posted July 27, 2010 ...Too bad they don't come in cool colors like Surf Green or something Yup. -Austin
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.