crunchee Posted October 3, 2011 Posted October 3, 2011 First one: "I reserve my right to have certain rules for this listing. Who will bid on it before to take note of my rules will be considered INVALID BUYER." Huh? This guy apparently wants a BIN arrangement, but didn't set up the auction that way. Go figure. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Hamer-Newport...=item3cbcc48de1 Edited to add: I thought the first auction was a crock, but something is going on elsewhere, too. Were the photos used on the auction above borrowed from this one, or vice versa? You be the judge: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Hamer-Newport...=item2568163dec Or this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Hamer-Newport...=item19c95eb574 Looks like a very obvious account hijack to me, somewhere. I ain't gonna touch ANY of 'em re bidding.
crunchee Posted October 3, 2011 Author Posted October 3, 2011 The same natural-colored Newport was pictured in all three, though the first auction looked somewhat legit if not kinda eccentric--and the guy was asking $1800. Seems like the same thing had happened earlier with the same Newport last week, I wonder if it'll pop up again?
atquinn Posted October 3, 2011 Posted October 3, 2011 Guys a scammer. Does it with PRS guitars galore. Not sure why he's bothering with the Hamer market though? Anyway, usually I just bid 10,000 and then report the ad and it will get removed instantly (although eBay usually gets around to removing them themselves eventually).-Austin
Hbom Posted October 3, 2011 Posted October 3, 2011 I've been seeing those adds for about 2 weeks. Reported them to ebay several times, they get removed & show up a few hours later in another "Top Sellers" store pages.Now I just send a note to the Hi-jacked store owner and tell them to contact ebay. It's faster & less hassle than going through the "report a problem" set up that they use now.That is a nice Newport though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.