JJ Paul Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 Guess I just got myself in trouble (and I know BCR will laugh his ass off) but here it goes.I'm testing these german puppies which sound killer in our Hubers so I ordered two in zebra and am proceeding to swap 'em out into a standard custom.BUTthe wiring channel is so tight it took me 20 something minutes to get just the neck pup wire (plastic coated) thru the first channel (the one between the two pup routs) and almost out to the control cavity. This is insane...How am I going to get the bridge lead thru the same hole, which is now reamed full with the pup selector lead (shielded w/plastic sleeve) AND the neck pup lead??I could pull an old string through that hole to use it to eventually pull the bridge pup wire thru to the control cavity but I have to find a way of tying both together tightly and solidly....Any other ideas / experiences you may care to share?Thank y'all!
Disturber Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 Maybe a stupid idea but couldyou use some lubricant liketeflon spray or somethingsimilar?Idea nr two: Remove all wiresfrom the hole, take a bass string andrun it through the hole and use itto try and file the hole a littlewider.
JJ Paul Posted March 12, 2005 Author Posted March 12, 2005 The swedish way, huh? I'll try some lube with the bridge pup - the neck went through, at the end. I would actually have to ream the hole wider with a drill bit, if anything - as the hole is too big for a bass string - but I don't want to do something even more stoooopid. Tomorrow you'll know how it went...
Michael_ Posted March 13, 2005 Posted March 13, 2005 I personally endorse Huslters line of lubrication products.
JJ Paul Posted March 13, 2005 Author Posted March 13, 2005 This thing is going nowhere.I tried to make a noose out of an old G string (no pun intended, you perverts!!!).Applied lube and tried pulling the whole thing through.Result?The noose simply skinned off the outer plastic layer and then severed the connectors.This is sick.Any good ideas are highly appreciated..."JJ" Paul
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.