Brentrocks Posted May 28, 2013 Posted May 28, 2013 FOR SALE: 1968 Gibson SG Melody Maker I bought this a few months ago and it was all original, except for maybe the bridge? I didn't like the tone of the original single coils, so I wanted to convert it over to P-90s, but do it without cutting away any of the old wood....so that is what I did. I had a new pickguard made...no new holes were drilled in the body. I took out the original pickups, guard and switch.....replaced them with new Lollar P-90s (5% overwound in the bridge position) I was able to keep the original pots, jack and knobs! (see vid and pics for conversion) THIS GUITAR CAN BE PUT BACK TO STOCK IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE HOURS! ALL ORIGINAL PARTS ARE INCLUDED (GUARD, PICKUPS, SWITCH) NO BREAKS OR REPAIRS, NO SWIMMING POOL ROUTE!!!!! This guitar also features a VERY RARE OPEN BOOK HEADSTOCK....very rare for the melody makers!!!! The finish, frets, vibrato, tuners, knobs, pots, caps are all original...not sure about the bridge. HSC included! The neck is a 1 5/8 rounded D shape. The finish is still glossy with lots of cool, natural checking. Brazilian rosewood board!!!! If you have any questions...feel free to drop me a line.... brentrocks@aol.com $1200 + shipping Thanks for looking!!! BEFORE.... AFTER...
Bobby Marshall Posted May 28, 2013 Posted May 28, 2013 Same crappy bridge that was on mine. Must be original. Similar checking too. This is killing me. GLWTS.You can put a wraparound on this without modding the guitar.
Brentrocks Posted May 28, 2013 Author Posted May 28, 2013 Same crappy bridge that was on mine. Must be original. Similar checking too. This is killing me. GLWTS.You can put a wraparound on this without modding the guitar.yes...that bridge is wraparound capable already, so yes
coolfeel Posted May 28, 2013 Posted May 28, 2013 That guitar looks like it would sound freaking incredible...
Brentrocks Posted June 22, 2013 Author Posted June 22, 2013 the buyer backed out...its back on the market
whiskeyzulu Posted July 8, 2013 Posted July 8, 2013 Great guitar and super nice chunky neck - heres a pic of my '68 ("Evelyn the modified melody maker") routed for humbuckers and w/ wrap around and no trem. GLWS
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.