Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'80 MXR Block Logo Distortion+...Price Reduced


Recommended Posts

Posted

Very nice condition with the desired 741 Malaysian op-amp chip. Works perfectly without any issues and sounds great. Dated according to pot codes, in case you're wondering.

Actually have two D+'s this one and a modern RI. This vintage one is much smoother and warmer sounding (especially with the distortion maxed!), but alas, the RI has a bit more cut that I really need with my octal-based V47 Supreme.

Anyhoo, available to HFC'ers for less than what I paid for it - $90 via PayPal or USPS MO plus actual shipping to your location (int'l welcome).

Posted

Still available as deal on GC fell thru (guy flaked out!).

DSCN1847_zps88d62a11.jpg

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Putting 'er back up on the block...

This one really has a much smoother, sweeter tone than the modern RI's courtesy of the 741 op-amp/vintage germanium clipping diodes. Sounds great with brighter amps (BF/SF Fenders, etc) or those can that get harsh/wooly under a lot of gain (some Marshalls, etc).

Where you gonna get a classic, great sounding dirt pedal in this shape for this kinda coin, I ask? B):D

Posted

I loved mine. Great pedal! Still have it actually, but it needs some repair work.

Posted

Ah, nostalgia! I had one of those as well...my first pedal.

Posted

Time to move this - $90 or trade for MXR Carbon Copy?...

Posted

This was my first pedal too, BITD!

Posted

Think about it guys - THIS one could actually be that first pedal you owned. Could be your last chance to hook up with your old flame... ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...