Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hi Gang,  I posted my '82 Prototype on Reverb but wanted to give the people a heads up here as I would prefer to sell to one of us.  I'm willing to entertain offers from the faithful.   ts a great guitar and it still featured on my facebook profile pic but I never play it these days so letting it go.   

Here's the info from Reverb:

1982 Prototype - Previously sunburst and refinished by Hamer in early 2000's.  Personally wired by Jol Danzig after refin.  Jol felt original humbucker was in bad shape and replaced with Hamer humbucker of same vintage, albeit black.  

Full disclosure.  This is a refin with original serial number replaced by Hamer.  The story I first saw the guitar in it natural sunburst state while hanging in Minneapolis music store.  Went back to purchase week later and it was gone.  Next time I saw it someone had added a 5 way switch above control cavity. 😪 To bring guitar back to original configuration, the top was routed over the control cavity and a mahogany plate was inserted, control holes were drilled to original spec, and refinished with serial number reapplied and wired by Hamer.  See included pictures of guitar in Hamer paint booth during Oct 2000 HFC tour. ** There is a missing piece of the red hued transparent poly that popped off when putting guitar in rack. (pic included) there is no damage to the guitar.

https://rvrb.io/1982-prototype-ymp1tu

20180922_153405.jpg

PA130070.JPG

20180922_153436.jpg

20180922_153500.jpg

20180922_153413.jpg

• 2 months later...

That's an interesting way to repair a unwanted switch... routed out the control cavity and probably used the original  aluminum control plate as a template for the mahogany top patch... a true workhorse Rock Machine~

Sustain block at a great price!

• 1 month later...

Archived