Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
ksmjc1969

Duotone input jack replacement

Question

Hello guys I’m having troubles with the acoustic side input jack on my duotone ultimate . I’ve checked all solder joints and no problems there it’s very much looking like the jack itself is lose inside . I’m not sure on the make EMG ? I do see a EMG on the adjustment circuit board .  Anyone know where to get a replacement part ? It’s driving me crazy to keep cutting out .

thank you in advance 

B67590C3-D7F7-4AD1-B96C-73F9E9C64794.jpeg

3798AC46-9888-4256-A62F-B75C171F10C0.jpeg

4 answers to this question

This is the sore spot on a Duotone Custom/Ultimate.  You might contact Greg at BCR Music as he has dealt with this problem more than anyone, probably.  When I had the problem it turned out that something (jack housing?  solder joint?  mojo filter?  I dunno) was grounding out against the shielding paint in the control cavity.  The solution was to unscrew one end of the jack plate a turn or two.  Bang, it started working again and I never touched it after that.

By the way, EMG only made that tone control circuit board, nothing else in there.

Hey there yes it’s defiantly the sloppiest jack I’ve seen , you can move it slightly to the side to get it to fail . Thank you on the advice I’ll contact BCR . 

Posted (edited)

No luck on even getting a reply from BCR anyone know any where else to get a replacement jack ? 

Thank you in advance 

Edited by ksmjc1969

I always jsut remove them both and put in normal jacks, one for magnetics, the other for piezo.