Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Chapparal MAX Bass on the 'Bay


Recommended Posts

Posted

Unexpected checking would bother me, too.  Having a Chaparral bass with similar maple, I am confident your bass is going to feel great and sound great when you play it. 

Posted

Thanks! It does! I absolutely love it. 

I'm so happy I found a family of Hamer enthusiasts/lovers like me.

4 Hamer USA guitars

3 Hamer USA Basses

1 Early Hamer Korea Bass I just tricked out... Grover tuners, Bill Lawrence p bass pickup OLB vintage Jazz pickup.

1 Carvin LB-75 Quilted Blue Burst. (My 1st bass March 2020)

Posted

Snagging that one for under $2K is a great deal!

 

Posted
On 11/20/2020 at 10:29 PM, Steve Haynie said:

So you got all your Hamer basses this year?

Yeah... I think it was Covid cabin fever... I found what I thought were good to great deals and my Hamer fandom kicked in. I have been working the whole time. I can't explain it other than I really love Hamers since my 1st custom order of a  1987 Chaparral Elite Red Flame top from the factory.

I'm looking at the Flame Standard on reverb but 4K is really high but the condition is amazing. 

https://reverb.com/item/37157490-1995-hamer-standard-custom-gtsc-sunburst-bound-and-crowned-mint-ohsc

I have to take better pictures.

red 1e.jpg

Posted
34 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

I'm looking at the Flame Standard on reverb but 4K is really high but the condition is amazing. 

https://reverb.com/item/37157490-1995-hamer-standard-custom-gtsc-sunburst-bound-and-crowned-mint-ohsc

That's about $1,500 to $1,000 too high for that one.  It's also a 1997, not a 1995, not that it matters.  Those have the thinner veneer tops, not the thicker 1/4" that were milled down that started on Standards in 1999.

Posted
On 11/20/2020 at 10:47 PM, cmatthes said:

Snagging that one for under $2K is a great deal!

 

Thanks I wasn't sure... I appreciate your thoughts and input. It plays and sounds awesome. 

Posted
1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

That's about $1,500 to $1,000 too high for that one.  It's also a 1997, not a 1995, not that it matters.  Those have the thinner veneer tops, not the thicker 1/4" that were milled down that started on Standards in 1999.

Wow! That's great info! Thank you. 

So my 1987 Chaparral above should have a 1/4 inch top? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

Wow! That's great info! Thank you. 

So my 1987 Chaparral above should have a 1/4 inch top? 

No - your Chapparal has a veneer top.

Posted
On 11/22/2020 at 1:50 AM, cmatthes said:

No - your Chapparal has a veneer top.

Should that bother me? 

Again thanks for the info.

Posted
2 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

Should that bother me? 

Again thanks for the info.

No - that was just how they were built.  They did make solid flame and quilt maple bodies as an option later on, like your Chapparal Max bass.

  • 2 months later...
Posted
On 11/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, HamerCustomEr said:

Looks nice!  I love the boomer inlays!!  I'm not sure where you live, but during the cold months, I always wait 24h for a freshly shipped guitar or bass to acclimatize inside the case before I open it.  Dave's Guitar Shop recommends the same strategy to avoid finish checking and crazing:

https://davesguitar.com/382833/wait-24-hours/

I took a super close look at one photo seller sent me and it was checked before sending so I'm relieved it wasn't me.

I have used the 24 hour rule since then and it worked fine and I have 2 Hamers on the way and will use it again.

Thank you so much for sharing the information and enlightening me.

Very Helpful!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...