cmatthes Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 Yes...it's in Japan. Yes...there are multiple sellers hawking a bass they don't physically hold. BUT - it's a MAX Bass, and if you're able to track down the actual seller, you might be able to score a killer, rare bass. Incidentally, this one was in the same batch as mine - it's #923791 and mine is #923793. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-Bass-Guitar-Electric-923791-Chaparral/264715164631?hash=item3da240dbd7:g:HB4AAOSwyppeqW5P
hamertek98 Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 I miss my Chap Max. Wish I got that kinda cash for it. Actually, I miss the boomers most!
HAMERMAN Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 I hate when the seller of a gorgeous Bass or Guitar doesn't include any pictures of the entire instrument!
cynic Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 8 hours ago, 0054 said: I've seen Chap bass's before, what makes the Maxx different? A different way to say Custom? Set neck, maple body, ebony board, and boomers. Add to that their being rare enough that you've been a member here eight years and have never heard of one, and you get excitement.
jginsj Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 "The fingerboard may be cracked"...WTF? A picture of the suspicion would be nice.
Steve Haynie Posted May 8, 2020 Posted May 8, 2020 One of my Chaparral basses has a quilted maple body just like the Chaparral Max, but it has a rosewood fretboard with dots. The maple Hamer used resonates nicely.
Devnor Posted May 8, 2020 Posted May 8, 2020 Noice! My Chap Max has huge neck...a massive P bass neck profile.
Ham Rex Posted November 6, 2020 Posted November 6, 2020 What would be a fair price for the one in Japan? The fretboard has a spit in ebony. Very tight "crack". Thx Ham Rex
Ham Rex Posted November 11, 2020 Posted November 11, 2020 I know it was high but I love it. Hope it arrives unpunished. Did not pay asking price free shipping. The crack is a minor split in board near end of fret board. Tight not missing wood. Will take to my tech. Seller finally sent pics after I assured him I was really going to buy it. I know I know... risky but I don't see any for sale. I wish I was interested in Hamer Basses a year or two ago but they're not making anymore. Still would like a 5 string Chap Max someday. Please wish me luck as I've been super nervous about everything with this deal.
pablo Posted November 12, 2020 Posted November 12, 2020 4 hours ago, Jfritts said: Let us know when you get it. Do you have two impacts?😶
Jfritts Posted November 12, 2020 Posted November 12, 2020 11 hours ago, pablo said: Do you have two impacts?😶 Pablo, yes, I have those two.
pablo Posted November 12, 2020 Posted November 12, 2020 4 hours ago, Jfritts said: Pablo, yes, I have those two. Ok ,most shure a cant do it, but if in the future u need to sell one of those beauty monster dont forget tell me🙂 (first🤫) Cheers
Ham Rex Posted November 12, 2020 Posted November 12, 2020 I definitely will in the mean time here is my 89 Cali Elite Custom ordered. Hamer rep said I was 1st to ask for glue in neck as it wasn't offered as a glue in at the time. Late 88 early 89... I know it took about 5 months to arrive April May. I'll try to post a better picture.
Ham Rex Posted November 20, 2020 Posted November 20, 2020 Well it arrived and as much as I'm thrilled I'm disappointed as well. I waited an hour and a half before I opened it and wow! Not broken!!! I then see the cracked fret board mentioned and lemon oil makes quick work of making it look better. Then I see the checking which wasnt described or photographed. So I sent a message about it... not nasty just disappointed and upset. Here are the pics. Neck straight, need to check truss rod, 2 battery preamp plays and sounds awesome. Needs a deep cleaning, polishing and strings. What are your thoughts? $19XX
HamerCustomEr Posted November 20, 2020 Posted November 20, 2020 Looks nice! I love the boomer inlays!! I'm not sure where you live, but during the cold months, I always wait 24h for a freshly shipped guitar or bass to acclimatize inside the case before I open it. Dave's Guitar Shop recommends the same strategy to avoid finish checking and crazing: https://davesguitar.com/382833/wait-24-hours/
Ham Rex Posted November 20, 2020 Posted November 20, 2020 I live in FL... It was in state 1 day and no case. I don't think I checked the finish. It was in Miami in the morning and across the state to SWFL at 6PM back of DHL van. I don't think I checked it. But thanks for advice!!!
Jfritts Posted November 20, 2020 Posted November 20, 2020 It's a beauty and the finish checking adds character. That top is incredible.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.