Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1982 Hamer Special "Rebecca"

Mike Brooks

Question

Good day everyone!  I recently acquired the 1982 Hamer Special "Rebecca" and was told it was in the Ultimate Hamer book, page 69.  I was wondering if anyone had any info on this guitar?  Was the truss rod cover installed at the factory, or?  Any help is appreciated !  Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Those personalized truss rod covers were available to be ordered by the owners upon registering their new guitars.  You got a card in the case, sent it in with the characters/name you wanted, and in a few weeks, they’d send you out a customized truss rod cover to replace the plain black one that was fitted at the factory.  
One of the many cool little perks of being a Hamer owner, and part of what made so many owners loyal fans over the years!

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Those personalized truss rod covers were available to be ordered by the owners upon registering their new guitars.  You got a card in the case, sent it in with the characters/name you wanted, and in a few weeks, they’d send you out a customized truss rod cover to replace the plain black one that was fitted at the factory.  
One of the many cool little perks of being a Hamer owner, and part of what made so many owners loyal fans over the years!

I wonder what happened to all the plain black covers that got bumped?  Gathering dust on a shelf?  Tucked in a parts-bin?  Tossed to the curb?

To all of you plain black covers that had the pleasure of being on a Hamer, however briefly, here's to you, "I may never get to heaven, but I once came mighty close."

They're in a part of the Great Void with all the black mid-80s fluted Hamer knobs, Cruisebass cases, and Sustainblock Trem arms.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

They're in a part of the Great Void with all the black mid-80s fluted Hamer knobs, Cruisebass cases, and Sustainblock Trem arms.

I found a large collection of over 30 Trem arms at my local MusicGoRound.  Found a Sustainblock Trem arm for a 80 Hamer FM Special there. I wonder how many guitars they have sold/shipped without trem arms. 

5 hours ago, Carl.B said:

I found a large collection of over 30 Trem arms at my local MusicGoRound.  Found a Sustainblock Trem arm for a 80 Hamer FM Special there. I wonder how many guitars they have sold/shipped without trem arms. 

I don't understand the story behind the trem. arm, but I never liked the fluted knobs.

On 12/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, Carl.B said:

I found a large collection of over 30 Trem arms at my local MusicGoRound.  Found a Sustainblock Trem arm for a 80 Hamer FM Special there. 

How did you recognize it?  The arms weren't labeled, were they?

Archived