Case Posted March 20, 2010 Posted March 20, 2010 Greetings all, I'm needing to sell my 1997 Hamer Artist Custom. One of the sweetest sounding, beautiful guitars I've ever owned - especially now since I had a pair of DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs professionally installed with a push/pull coil tap. Specs: Flame maple in natural on mahogany, bound and crowned, upgraded DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs, push/pull coil tap on the tone pot for ultimate versatility. OHSC. I have the receipt for the pickups and invoice for the install. Condition: Top/body/neck/headstock are excellent - top shimmers. The silver hardware is slightly tarnished. The case has some dings, and one broken latch. There is very slight Hameritis at the neck pocket, typical of Hamers from this era. Does not affect playability. Just had it professionally setup (D'Addario 10s), so it intonates and plays like a dream. I have the invoice detailing the setup. Price: $1300 plus shipping/paypal. PM or Email: caseygree@aol.com with questions/offers Here's some pics:
unfun75 Posted March 20, 2010 Posted March 20, 2010 Those pickups nail the single-coil sound. I have 'em in my McCarty.Edited to add: when the pickups are tapped, of course.
Case Posted March 22, 2010 Author Posted March 22, 2010 Yep, a beaut for sure. And yes, the single coil sounds this thing can produce with the split DiMarzios are pretty amazing. Anyone want to make an offer? Had a bit o' interest, but no one's keeping up with it. Thanks,Caseybeautiful guitar.
Case Posted March 24, 2010 Author Posted March 24, 2010 Thought I'd open this up to trade offers. Looking for Superstrat-type guitars from Suhr/Anderson (I could add cash if necessary) or Hamer Superstrats (probably some cash on your part unless there's a Cali out there...) thanks,casey
paulcozby Posted March 24, 2010 Posted March 24, 2010 I have a Tagima E1 Edu Ardanuy Signature in mint condition with a Tagima tweed case (1 latch is broken) its an amazing custom guitar from Brazil. Here are some various links to the manufacturer page... http://www.tagima.com.br/produtos/default_....asp?produto=93http://www.tagima.com.br/nova_home/endorsees.htmlhttp://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-138...edu-ardanuy-_JMIts a beautiful high end guitar, that is still pretty rare in the US, retails for around $1700 US, if my conversion calculator was accurate..ThanksPaulThought I'd open this up to trade offers. Looking for Superstrat-type guitars from Suhr/Anderson (I could add cash if necessary) or Hamer Superstrats (probably some cash on your part unless there's a Cali out there...) thanks,casey
Case Posted March 25, 2010 Author Posted March 25, 2010 Thanks for the offer Paul. Looks like a super cool guitar, but having no exposure to them whatsoever, and without the ability to try it out, I think I'll have to pass. Keep the offers coming, folks. I played this for a few hours straight today, and didn't get bored for a second. I'll keep this thread going through the weekend, and then I'm goanna pull it. (I think the guitar I'm after will be gone by then anyhow... thanks again, Casey
Case Posted April 13, 2010 Author Posted April 13, 2010 Still available. Decided to keep it. Then decided to not...
GaryT Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 Whats the Neck Profile on it? What would you compare it to?
Case Posted April 13, 2010 Author Posted April 13, 2010 Whats the Neck Profile on it? What would you compare it to?Hey Gary.I think they call it a "Vintage Round". Not as beefy as my LP Gary Moore or Strat. Actually plays a lot like my Tom Anderson Cobra, although I can't say for sure that they're the same (which is the most comfortable neck I've ever played). For me, just perfect. Sort of in-between.Please let me know any more questions. thanks,case
G Man Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 I would love to take this off your hands for you, but unfortunately I am about $1200 shy.
Case Posted April 14, 2010 Author Posted April 14, 2010 Thanks folks. Getting a bit o' interest this time around, but still nothing final. Please feel free to hit me up with questions/offers. thanks again,case
Case Posted April 15, 2010 Author Posted April 15, 2010 Hey guys, so far, no deals have materialized. I'm willing to entertain offers for some other random trades + cash if anyone has a pair of descent studio monitors, a Roland electronic drum amp, maybe even low-wattage tube amp heads or a THD Hotplate (8ohm). Thanks,Casey
marcus2 Posted April 15, 2010 Posted April 15, 2010 Can you share what, if any, fret wear there is?Where are you located?Marc
Case Posted April 15, 2010 Author Posted April 15, 2010 Hi Mark,fret wear, or any wear, for that matter, is very minimal. As mentioned, the guitar was just setup, which included a fret polish and fretboard cleaning/oiling. If it weren't for the tarnished hardware (tuners, mainly) and some pick swirling (and the Hameritis, of course), this thing would be cosmetically perfect. Please let me know if you have any more questions.Oh yeah, I'm in Lawrence KS. Thanks,casecaseygree@aol.comCan you share what, if any, fret wear there is?Where are you located?Marc
Wayne Posted April 27, 2010 Posted April 27, 2010 Nice guitar. My 1996 Artist Custom with a Phat Cat in the neck is my favorite guitar of all time. My neck profile is pretty thin, which I like a lot. Does anyone know if the neck profile is significantly different on a 1997 Artist Custom than a 1996 Artist Custom?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.