Laura Press Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3085...p;id=1261998107 http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...7_2061262_n.jpg http://hphotos-snc4.fbcdn.net/hs080.snc4/35348_1350095753415_1261998107_30852278_96095_n.jpg See my facebook photo album, the pics won't post here.. Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2048...mp;l=583c0c48df Beautiful Hamer USA Chaparral Bass. I believe it is a 1990 – serial number 027041. This bass has a set neck, really nice tobacco sunburst finish, rosewood fret board and passive EMG pick ups which I think are original. Though it is missing the truss rod cover, this bass looks, plays, feels and sounds fantastic! This bass has been played, but it looks pretty amazing for a used 20 year old instrument. It is in truly excellent condition for an instrument that was played and not kept in a case in a basement for 20 years. Unless you get pretty close to it only a ding in the black paint on the headstock where it meets the guitar finish on the headstock is easily seen (up close you can see two very small dents in the black paint next to the ding – visible in the close-up shot attached hereto). On stage, that one chip in the finish is usually the only noticeable imperfection in the finish. In addition to the ding on the front of the headstock (see pics), there are two very small but noticeable dings on the body: one on the outside of the E string between the bridge pick up and the bridge, and; the other is on the G string side of the body just above the neck pick up (see pics). There is also a barely noticeable ding on the E string side of the bridge that you can only see from close up and only at certain angles. Other than that, pretty much only light surface scratching can be seen anywhere on the front of the bass. There is no buckle rash (see pics). The back only has a small scratch near the plate, there are two small thin scratches on the plate and a small scratch on the back of the shorter horn. If you look at the pictures, you can see that in direct sun light it looks a lot lighter and almost “sun burst” instead of tobacco burst. In most lighting conditions it looks most like the “darker” body close up of the dings near the pick ups. The lighter “sun burst” looking pics were in very strong direct sunlight. If you are looking for a museum piece this isn’t it. If you are looking for a great looking, great sounding and great playing 20 year old set neck USA Chaparral with rosewood board and EMG’s, then look no further. The body, neck, fret board and frets are in great condition. The pick ups sound great. This is a beautifully made and well cared for instrument. I am selling this bass because I don’t play bass, Jon is mainly a drummer and when he play bass (tries to anyway) his second generation USA Cruise Bass just feels more comfortable to him (the different neck profile of the Cruise seems to suit him better). When I bought this bass it didn’t have the OHSC. The bass will be shipped packed in padding in a soft case/gig bag and then padded and boxed. Asking $625 shipped if check or money order. Sorry, I tried to post the pics...they won't go. Any questions, post ‘em or PM me. Sorry but sales only to USA lower 48 states.
Laura Press Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 Cool bass! Wow! How did you do that???? Thanks Chris! I was trying for an hour...I tried what Mathman said and it didn't go.. The links above here look exactly like the one's I tried....I dunno.crazy. Thanks, Laura
Laura Press Posted July 23, 2010 Author Posted July 23, 2010 Well, let me try one of the other pics using this formula... Yes it worked!!!!! Now another of the neck back. Woo! Hoo! And of course the Serial number shot...
Laura Press Posted July 27, 2010 Author Posted July 27, 2010 NEW PRICE!!!$575 shipped to lower 48 States for HFC'ers.This is a great bass. I would like to see it go to a good home and be "kept in the family."
Laura Press Posted August 1, 2010 Author Posted August 1, 2010 NEW PRICE!!!$575 shipped to lower 48 States for HFC'ers.This is a great bass. I would like to see it go to a good home and be "kept in the family."Last bump before posting on e-bay. Any one interested send PM with offer. I fiugred I would give the HFC first shot at this bass.
Laura Press Posted September 13, 2010 Author Posted September 13, 2010 Well, it's been a really busy summer for me and I never got around to putting this on e-bay. I'm now asking $500 shipped to lower 48 but will consider REASONABLE offers (and, BTW, the standard $350 is NOT considered reasonable on this one). This is a really nice bass and I'd still like to keep it in the HFC family.Anyone interested send PM with an offer.
Laura Press Posted September 17, 2010 Author Posted September 17, 2010 Hi M Chops,I'm not sure about the weight.The last time I tried to weigh it just using my bathroom scale...Jon just took it over to UPS so they can tell me what it weighs more accurately. (When I bring stuff to the Post Office they tell me that their scale is tipped a little heavy in their favor so I suspect that UPS does the same). So I will get back to you when he gets back here later. I have 3 gigs this weekend(woo-hoo) and family in from out of town, the transmission has to be adjusted and a new refrigerator is coming today....yikes...I spent last night ripping the wall and cabinets out so the replacement fridge will fit into the space..stay tuned, I'll get back to you on that...BTW, love the shot of you holding my Standard that comes up on the HFC homepage from time to time.HEY! Jon's back (and the refirgerator just got here too). Anyway . . . UPS STORE says it is 8.9 pounds which is 8 lb. 14 oz. (or less if they tip the scale in their favor).
m chops Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Thanks. I need to give it some thought . . .
Laura Press Posted September 25, 2010 Author Posted September 25, 2010 Sold and shipped!!! I'll let the buyer tell you who got it. Thanks to all who inquired. BTW, it's a NICE bass and I am glad it is "staying in the family."
m chops Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 The proud new owner: somebody was positively beaming Please forgive the ugly florescent dorm room lighting and the cellphone pic. This is the first instrument my daughter has ever bought, and I think she chose wisely. We delivered it Friday night, and she was up to 5 a.m. Saturday morning playing the thing. I think it ended up in a good home.
DavidE Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 The proud new owner: somebody was positively beaming Please forgive the ugly florescent dorm room lighting and the cellphone pic. This is the first instrument my daughter has ever bought, and I think she chose wisely. We delivered it Friday night, and she was up to 5 a.m. Saturday morning playing the thing. I think it ended up in a good home. LOVE the Rush poster on the wall. Where does she go to school?
geoff_hartwell Posted October 10, 2010 Posted October 10, 2010 And the ABB At Fillmore! Is that an LP? You done good, Pop! Geoff
m chops Posted October 11, 2010 Posted October 11, 2010 Dave,She's at OSU. Five years ago, I never thought I'd be proud to say so, but OSU has changed, and she's in the honor's program there. And she's thriving.My Guru,She does have good taste, for the most part, in music.
DavidE Posted October 11, 2010 Posted October 11, 2010 Dave,She's at OSU. Five years ago, I never thought I'd be proud to say so, but OSU has changed, and she's in the honor's program there. And she's thriving.My Guru,She does have good taste, for the most part, in music.My son is a sophomore at OSU. Very much changed. Ranked very high. He started at Capital and hated it. Switched after one semester and has been thrilled ever since. He's a history major and music minor (he was a music major at Cap). He gets more playing time at OSU.
burningyen Posted October 12, 2010 Posted October 12, 2010 She also has good taste in Austrian painters. Good job, dad.
Laura Press Posted October 21, 2010 Author Posted October 21, 2010 It fits her well! She looks really happy with it too. I hope she gets lots of years of pleasure from it. You're a good Dad Ben.BTW HFC, Ben (M Chops) is a good guy, a pleasure to deal with and a real gentleman. Feel free to deal with him with total confidence.And he is fun to hang out with too. Hope to see you again some time soon M Chops. It's been a lot of years since I took that pic of you playing my/Nathan's Standard.Oh yeah, GIRLS ROCK!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.