Joe G Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 The higher the price the smaller the picture. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/Vintage-1982-STANDARD-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc
kizanski Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 I swear it's almost as if they don't want to sell guitars, if you go by their pictures, or picture, in this case. That said, pickguard or not, if that's all that's wrong with it, 5 grand is a decent price, and those little screw holes should be relatively simple to fill and hide. If it's not original, that is. If it's original, then there's a routing channel under it, and you're stuck with it. Personally, I think the Explorer body looks better with a pickguard, and if it's original, even better. Not that we would ever know by their description: "heavy wear, finish checking on headstock, not original case." Gee, thanks.
Cboss Posted November 16, 2024 Posted November 16, 2024 I don't think there were any pickguards on standards in '82, (unless you put it on yourself) quote from the book "pickguard was not part of our vision".. I think those came later post acquisition
murkat Posted November 16, 2024 Posted November 16, 2024 8 hours ago, kizanski said: If it's original, then there's a routing channel under it, and you're stuck with it na, just return it to your local gc
kizanski Posted November 16, 2024 Posted November 16, 2024 10 hours ago, murkat said: na, just return it to your local gc I meant that the wite channel is there to stay. Of course you could have the channel filled and the guitar re-topped and re-routed, but that could take years and years, given the MO of some of the guitar techs on this board.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.