Saul Goodman Posted September 23 Posted September 23 I have a Hamer Special p-90 with stop tail piece. Are there posts I can buy to replace the Nashville bridge posts to accommodate a wrap-a-round? Quote
0 velorush Posted September 23 Posted September 23 (edited) I investigated this for some guitar years ago and remember coming to the conclusion that the inserts for the Nashville bridge were not sufficient for the force of a wrap-tail and intonation wouldn't be correct. I believe most of the discussions I found were on Les Paul forums. I'll go looking and see if I can find them and edit this post. Here's an example of the work involved: His method of pulling the post inserts is NOT the way to do that! Edited September 23 by velorush 4 1 Quote
0 Saul Goodman Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 22 hours ago, velorush said: His method of pulling the post inserts is NOT the way to do that! Holy shit, Batman!! 5 Quote
0 duncans Posted September 24 Posted September 24 If I remember, Greg Platzer had a series of photos doing that on a Superpro. Would have been years ago. 1 1 Quote
0 JGale Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Call the Corsa-Faber guy and see if he has a solution? 1 1 Quote
0 hamerhead Posted September 25 Posted September 25 It's a HAMER SPECIAL! Put a Sustain Block on it, you cretin. 2 5 Quote
0 velorush Posted September 26 Posted September 26 20 hours ago, hamerhead said: It's a HAMER SPECIAL! Put a Sustain Block on it, you cretin. Here here! And so mote it be! https://reverb.com/item/32826478-mannmade-usa-hardtail-bridge-nickel-fits-hamer-sustain-block-style-guitars 2 Quote
Question
Saul Goodman
I have a Hamer Special p-90 with stop tail piece. Are there posts I can buy to replace the Nashville bridge posts to accommodate a wrap-a-round?
6 answers to this question
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.