Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer USA 'Prototype' For Sale At G.C.

Guys,

I saw this used Hamer USA 'Prototype' for sale at Guitar Center in Manchester, Ct. last night. Anyone wants it, go for it!

Here's my amateur description:

This stuff I'm sure of-

- Serial Number 849272 (I had the sense to record that!).

- Double cutaway solid carved top mahogany body, mahogany neck;

- Cherry (deep red) finish;

- No model name on the truss rod plate, but it looks like my 25th Anniversary Artist except it's solid;

- Controls appear to be Volume/Tone/Selector switch;

- EMG pickups (listen up, kurtstuff!);

- Condition looked excellent!

This stuff I'm mostly guessing-

- Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays (I didn't really look);

- Kick me later, but I didn't look at the bridge! :P

Guitar Center has it priced at $799. You could probably deal it down a bit (offer 'em $350...).

Address:

120-B Hale Rd.

Manchester, Connecticut 06040

Their phone number is 860-648-3900.

If anyone picks it up, let us know.

UPDATE

I went back and looked at the Prototype again to clear up some issues.

New/Confirmed Info:

- 1 piece solid mahogany body. Note: this isn't shaped quite like an Artist- the lower horn is a little shorter and there is a deeper cut for high fret access (Rocktuna says this may be the Mirage body). Also, there is a tummy cut on the back;

- 3 piece mahogany set neck. Not small at all- seems a little wider than my Artist;

- Rosewood fingerboard with dot markers;

- Grover tuners;

- Tunomatic tailpiece;

- Controls are indeed volume/tone/selector switch;

- Sounds pretty good. The EMG's can get a little hot.

There's minor scuffing on the back of the body and the EMG's look a little used, otherwise it's in as-new condition.

Hmmm. Didja happen to get the serial number? Sounds interesting.

Well....Cool Guitar but...It's being sold from the wrong place..G.C. does'nt get even as much as "pick" money from me...and yes....let's start a G.C. flaming topic...lol! j/k :P

Of course they don't get pick money. You're a competitor. And you're much more fair and won't gouge anyone. You CAN get me a soldano SLO100 for $350, right? That's not gouging since I hear they only have like $200 in parts in there. :P

Sounds like the same guitar that was up on ebay a couple times in the past 6 months. Must be the owner finally gave up trying to sell it there and traded it in for something at G.C.? It sounds like a really interesting Hamer guitar. It's tempting since I'm not too far from that G.C., but I've already got more Hamers than I can realistically justify owning now that the electric band is in limbo (thank God I still have the acoustic trio project keeping me playing out until the "plugged into a high gain amp" band gets back up and running or I find another one.)

Archived