timsmcm Posted March 4, 2005 Posted March 4, 2005 I have to tell you guys that the j geils band was one of the best times I have ever had at a concert. I have seen many groups old and new and I still rember them. It was amazing the energy that they had and the way they sounded so close to the way they sounded on record. They were smoking
kizanski Posted March 6, 2005 Posted March 6, 2005 "Candy-O" is my favorite Cars song as well.These guys do a fun alternative version.Metallicars performs "Candy-O."
Scottcrud Posted March 6, 2005 Posted March 6, 2005 that was pretty cool Kiz, but I like my old bands version better.
frank_c Posted March 6, 2005 Posted March 6, 2005 saw the Cars on the Door To Door tour and it was AWFUL. easily the worst show i've ever been to. by then it was obvious they hated each other and didn't give a shit.my uncle was friends with Ben Orr back in his club days here in Cleveland. Ben was in the Grasshoppers at the time and played the club where my uncle worked the door. they used to call Ben "Benny 11 Letters" since it was easier than saying his last name (Orzechowski, i think it was). my uncle would go to Ben's parents place for Sunday dinner too.
custom53 Posted March 6, 2005 Posted March 6, 2005 A good week for Beantown! The J.Geils band is also reforming... One of the top ten all time best shows I ever saw were J. Geils in the early to mid '70s.... Right after "Give it to Me" came out...
jwhitcomb3 Posted March 6, 2005 Posted March 6, 2005 In 1985 I took a semester off and worked at a convenience store in Brookline MA (subburb of Boston). One customer worked in a bank nextdoor and came in every morning for coffee. She was an older woman with a charming English accent. One morning while we were chatting she said, "Perhaps you've heard of my son's band. He plays drums for the Cars." I was impressed. "You're David Robinson's Mom?" She was pleased I'd heard of him, and when I asked her about the Modern Lovers she spoke fondly of how Jonathan (Richman) and the "boys" used to practice in her basement. Nice lady!The Modern Lovers was one of the great missing link bands, also featuring future Talking Head Jerry Harrison.Ric Ocasek became the hero of all gawky guitar players by marrying Paulina Porizkova.-Jonathan
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.