Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Corey...

Just personal stuff, not really FS...although I DID swap a couple since this pic. Your store has some GREAT 8 & 12vers in stock!! VERY KEWL!!

...I need to shoot pics of my non-Hamer 8's for you...and my 12vers. That FB8 you ask about was the only one made, formerly Tom Petersson's.

MC2 - I love that one with the boomers.

Hey Corey;

Thanks for the info - I'll try to get down there one of these days. You're only 30 miles away. I've been itching to try out a Monaco bass.

Unfortunately, these days it's like going a strip club: Fun to look, but I can't take anything home with me. :D

MC2,

I wish I could keep them all for myself! Every one kicks butt in it's own way. The white B-12-S is going with me tonight for a N.Y.C. gig.

Thundernotes,

Come down anytime and check stuff out! We are all bass players here, and we have more basses than guitars at this point. Our employee( and resident Fender guru) Joe Klompus, just played bass for Tracy Bonham on the Leno Show last week!

Corey

Corey....Where ya playin' in NYC tonight? I'm just outside the city...think I have to be somewhere else tonight but if it falls thru maybe I'll pop in.

Thundernotes...That B12S with the boomers/ebony also happens to have a solid non-lam flame body & custom config elecs!

Okay, Jon...I think we need to have a talk...

(intervention?!)

Love the pic, btw. Good thing I don't play SUNN heads & cabs - I think you've cornered the mkt!! Now let's see all the 12'vers!

Corey:

GREAT STUFF!! Verrry nass.

Here's my B-12m and my twin bro's B-8m (made from the same maple billets - "mirror-matched" tops and consecutive serials):

Not_Twins_2.jpg

Nottwinsheads.jpg

I've been called a "dummy who hangs out at gigs" before too!

Those are very cool looking, but I'm still going to have to get up your way to check one out in person. From everything I've heard, they tend to be as heavy or heavier than B-12As.

Here's my contribution to the hijack:

And my old featherweight B12L, now in the loving Thundernotes home:

Hi Jack! (get it - hijack) :D

It's even more feathery now that I replaced 8 of the tuner buttons with pearloid. Still has the same strings on it though. I haven't played it much lately, but I will as soon as I get those EMG's off. I may give the passive Duncans a try. Them or the Bartolinis.

It's even more feathery now that I replaced 8 of the tuner buttons with pearloid.

Where'd you get the pearloid buttons? Got any pics?

My B12L gets a little neck dive when on a strap and I've been thinking of doing just such a thing to help balance it.

And, as a not to the former owner, I'm not complaining and you can't have it back.

I got mine from Stewart Macdonald. Get one large set and one small set of 6. You'll have spares. They might look good in ebony too, but I need to be able to see them in low light situations. Some people have suggested you can replace the big bass tuner buttons with these same plastic ones; it's partially true. (I tried it myself) The larger of the two buttons will screw right on to the tuner, but if the octave string tuner closest to it is one of the larger plastic buttons, they will collide when turning. I found it best to just leave the big bass tuner there so I could keep track of where I was. :D

Stewart Macdonald Replacement Tuner Buttons

Here's a picture:

Headstock.jpg

Archived