Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2012 Chicago Jam List

very unsure if I can make it this year...bummed as I know the White Lion version of Radar Love inside and out. Y'all have to admit, Vito Bratta's playing on their cover is awesome!

great list. i'll be ready if needed - any openings left?

I've seen some requests for sabbath, Judas Priest, and UFO

I could sing and play guitar on:

- war pigs

- green manalishi

- lights out

what about zeppelin?

- lemon song

- communication breakdown

any interest?

L Nutter

I am a freind of Gene's and used his Hamer last time. But this year there is at least one song the two of us are both playing (as apposed to Gene singing). I don't own a Hamer, so I either have to bring one of my (other brand) guitars, or borrow someones. I plan on bringing one, just in case... but if I can borrow someones hammer, I am all for keeping the event as much Hammer love as possible.

See you all on Friday/Saturday!

So are we going to do Another Thing Coming for sure then ?

How about Symphony of Destruction ?

I take it Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo and Highway Song are out since we don't have enough players and a singer.

Just trying to figure out what I need to play through before this week end.

So are we going to do Another Thing Coming for sure then ?

How about Symphony of Destruction ?

I take it Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo and Highway Song are out since we don't have enough players and a singer.

Just trying to figure out what I need to play through before this week end.

It's been a while since i've played them, but i could sit in on Another Thing Comin or Hoochie Koo. Assuming we really need a third guitar?

It's been a while since i've played them, but i could sit in on Another Thing Comin or Hoochie Koo. Assuming we really need a third guitar?

Did Skynyrd need a third guitar when they bombed Pearl Harbor?

Did Skynyrd need a third guitar when they bombed Pearl Harbor?

:lol:

"Forget it - he's on a roll..."

Fine...

Gene - sign me up for Another Thang and R&R Hoochie Koo.

No takers for Cooper? :) Last time i played that one live was Reagan/Mondale. (Might have been Bush/Dukakis now that i think about it...)

If we don't have enough songs to fill the time we could always do some free jams. Actually I find free jams the most fun.

Also Other songs we have played include:

Too Hot To Handle

Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers

Jail Break

Boys Are Back in Town

Cowboy Song

You Got Another Thing Coming

Kryptonite

What I Like About You

Train Kept A Rollin

Don’t Tell Me You Love Me

Plush

Be My Girl

Breaking the Law

Hey Jealousy

Somebody to Shove

Surrender

American Girl

Santa Montica

Victim of Love

Just Got Paid

I Miss You

Put Your Lights On

" Actually I find free jams the most fun."

Mee2

Add me to that list. I had bigger fish to fry related to employment issues to learn any tunes this year, but I could be convinced to jump up there for some off-the-cuff craziness.

" Actually I find free jams the most fun."

Mee2

Did I mention either in F# harmonic minor or B harmonic minor ? hehehehehehe !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Oh, you have been "jamming" with Moses Lake at Dave's huh?.... :ph34r:

I usually mix scales when I play. Typically combine major / minor , harmonic minor, diminished, couple of blues scales, sometimes melodic minor, chromatic and I usually will throw in a flat 5th somewhere in there. Also I will switch from major to minor - totally changing the key that I am playing and move in and out of that.

That is why I play a lot of 7th chords cause it gives you more freedom to ebelish different scales than strictly playing straight triads.

We haven't really done much of a off the cuff live jam at this event but it sounds like it will be smaller this year so maybe there will be more time than people have songs.

Archived