Hamer Fan Club Message Center

$200 Power Cord

Steve Haynie

Question

Is this $200 power cord really worth the price? Instead of a 16 gauge wire your get 14 gauge. It just supplies power to your amp. According to the manufacturer and the reviews your amp sounds so much better. For the same price you can get a power conditioner that will supply a constant power to all your gear.

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It once cost me $369.99 for a power cord for a portable multi-band radio. :blink:

$1.99 for the actual cord, plus $350 to repair the rocker panel on my car, as I backed into some stupid landscape bolder on the side of the driveway while exiting the Radio Shack. :(:blink::o

I remember one time I had a lunch break that cost me $769 in October 1998. After I got my slice of pizza I swung by the http://www.emeraldcityguitars.com'>vintage guitar dealer and came back to work with an Antique Orange Eclipse-12, my first Hamer.

So, this thread is now about accidental spending. OK.

Tuck and Patti was one of the most expensive concerts attended. Someone broke into my car.

I won a free gun and spent over $500 at the gun shop while I was there.

My best friend from jr. hi/hi school, who earned his living gigging, bought the 2nd place pumpkin (about 250 lbs.) at Centerville, OH's pumpkin festival in 1976. Word got around in our home town of Cincinnati and the concert promoters for Steve Martin's concert at Music Hall offered him several comp tickets in exchange for use of his pumpkin as part of the stage decor. Cincinnati's Music Hall is in a very baaaaad part of town. While he was attending his free concert, somebody broke into his windowless van and stole ALL his gigging equipment--acoustic guitar, microphones, PA system. He had to borrow gear to do his gigs until he earned enough money to buy replacements, which probably included some power cords.

A $200 power cable? Really?! Does that cable come with Pamela Andersen (wasn't she an electrician on ToolTime or was she an allround tool expert) butt crack, tool belt n everything? Then put me down for 2.

I heard she was pretty good at polishing tools, if that helps.

"There is something compelling to be able to experience Miles Davis, Nat Cole, Sinatra, Jascha Heifetz, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, and Charles Mingus making music in your living room, or Zep, Jeff Beck, the Who, Kiss, and the Beatles sounding like you were an ear-witness in the studio."

As my wife TRIED to cope with the Klipschorns in the living room, I demoed some music and opined that it sounds like Barbra Striesand is right here in the living room.......Not missing a beat, "I don't want her in my living room".

As she walked into the LR backwards to avoid having to look at them........

^^Sounds like something my wife would say.

Archived