polara Posted November 8, 2013 Posted November 8, 2013 I'll post some pics tomorrow. It's in great shape, zero issues. I even have a spare, brand-new handle as the stitching came off the leather on the old one. If you're not familiar with this amp, it's basically a variant of a Matchless DC30, which is a variant of a Vox AC30.30 watts through four EL84s, single channel with a footswitchable extra gain stage/boost, very high quality birch cabinet, Eminence Red Fang alnico speaker, very good build quality. Doesn't do high-gain but excels at Vox clean to classic crunch.Has a half-power switch to run just two power tubes, and a pentode-triode switch so you run the tubes using half their power (slightly darker, gruntier tone), giving the options of full 30 watts, 15 watts via half-power, 15 watts via triode, or 7-ish watts half-power/triode. Genuinely bedroom volumes are possible, as is "GAWD TURN IT DOWN" loud.Coupled with five different EQ voicings via switch, a very usable master volume, and really good bass-mid-treble-presence controls you can cover a ton of ground with this. Has a really good reverb, too. Look up the Black Pearl Posse on the Gear Page. Those guys LOVE these amps.Why am I trading? Too many amps.I have a Valvetech VAC25 as well, plus a Fender Pro Junior, and finally this crazy V-Stack/First Act analog modeling amp. It's a coin toss as to whether I "like" the Genz Benz or the Valvetech more, but if I later change my mind (we NEVER regret gear sales, right?) I can probably find another Genz Benz. It might be hard to find another Valvetech. An no one will ever buy the V-Stack!If you just wanna BUY it, let's say $650 plus shipping. But trading is more fun. How about a guitar? I could go for something hollow or semi-hollow. Something 1980 and Japanese. Iceman? Fauxplorer? Something really sparkly. Yeah, I love the glitter. Something Junior-y or maybe Stratty. Maybe something with 12 strings. No shredders, no Floyds or Kahlers or Bigsbys. Anyone want a rockin' British sounding amp? Let's have a fun trade!
Jakeboy Posted November 9, 2013 Posted November 9, 2013 I have this for trade...swamp ash Strat body.....Mighty Mite Birdseye neck....Fender Schaller locking tuners, gotoh 6 point trem, and a vintage 70s bill lawrence L90 bucker that is GLORIOUS.
polara Posted November 9, 2013 Author Posted November 9, 2013 That's a cool guitar. Intriguing. Anyone else? Also open to maybe a decent bass amp...
Jakeboy Posted November 9, 2013 Posted November 9, 2013 I could also drop in a brand new TV Jones Classic pup in an HB English mount in place of the BL.
G Man Posted November 9, 2013 Posted November 9, 2013 I had the head version of this amp a few years back and it is indeed an extremely versatile amp that was able to cover any tones I needed to pull out of it. Whoever gets this one will be very pleased. GLWS/T
GASguy Posted November 9, 2013 Posted November 9, 2013 I have one of these BP 30 112 combos. A bit on the heavy side, but solidly built, LOUD, and very very versatile with the half power, pentode / triode and 5 position voicing switch options for lots of tone variation.It really sounds great!
polara Posted November 20, 2013 Author Posted November 20, 2013 Ka-bump. Jakeboy's Strat is nice but I'd also be open to a flat-out sale.
jrw32 Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 I have a Fender American Standard Tele, Eastman acoustic, and Koch Studiotone posted here on the boards. I may consider any of these in a trade. Let me know, thanks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.