2ManyThumbs Posted February 8, 2014 Posted February 8, 2014 Could not get all my pricing info yesterday, but wanted to get something posted. Here's the update:Great amp. However, forced relocation (due to wife's health) means some downsizing. Two-channel amp with exceptional reverb and independent and continuously variable output wattage control, from less than 1 watt to 40 watts, for each channel. Original 2-button Toneking footswitch is included, to switch channels and toggle the reverb. Great sounding cabinet houses a 12 inch speaker, and the speaker/cabinet combination makes it sound much bigger than a single 12. Amp is in excellent condition, with no tolex tears. $2,090-->$1,925 PP Gift & Shipped to lower 48. Perfect ebay feedback as bidder42160, and check out The Gear Page: The Small Company Luthiers, with same handle as here, to see how I do business
2ManyThumbs Posted February 12, 2014 Author Posted February 12, 2014 What...no luv for great black-face and brown face sounds in the same amp?
ib2010 Posted February 12, 2014 Posted February 12, 2014 Lots of LOVE for the Metropolitan here, but i've already got one. A truely outstanding, 100% on point, great amp!!!! GLWTS
2ManyThumbs Posted February 14, 2014 Author Posted February 14, 2014 On Valentine's Day shouldn't you be getting your significant other such a boutique amp? Are ib2010 and I the only ones who did that?
django49 Posted February 16, 2014 Posted February 16, 2014 On Valentine's Day shouldn't you be getting your significant other such a boutique amp? Are ib2010 and I the only ones who did that?Unfortunately, she is not using any of the previous Valentine's Day amps I bought her in the past.......I need a new excuse.....
2ManyThumbs Posted February 16, 2014 Author Posted February 16, 2014 Keep buying her amps until you find one she likes...you'll end up winning the end...;-)
velorush Posted February 19, 2014 Posted February 19, 2014 Posting this to bump and solicit a buyer for this (and put me out of my misery!). This thing's about perfect! I have a deep-seated 6V6 love, but I'm out if I ever want to get that 5F4 built this year...
atomicwash Posted March 28, 2014 Posted March 28, 2014 Man, I'd love to AB this with my Carr Rambler.
therefore Posted March 28, 2014 Posted March 28, 2014 A great amp. The cabinet sounds bigger than it would seem, resonant and spacious. Mark is an artist. BUMP.
bmenary Posted March 29, 2014 Posted March 29, 2014 One of the very best clean amps I have ever owned- Mark is king of the over builders- Quality is INSANE- sound is fantastic- I can't remember how it does with pedals but a different model I had blew me away- putting gain in front of it- Blamo-
miragejake Posted April 9, 2014 Posted April 9, 2014 these are killer amps...to the guy who wanted to compare to his Carr Rambler -- VERY similar feel and tone. Both 2 of my fave clean amps out there - A lot like a vintage Fender w/ out the potential functional issues.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.