greenfreak Posted March 22, 2014 Author Posted March 22, 2014 After a sleepless night, I have decided not to sell my Standard. I don't want to sound like a flake but I waited so long to get this guitar and I know I will have serious seller's remorse if I sell. Even if it only sits on a guitar stand it is a playable object of art. Also, I feel it could never be replaced.I don't want to sound like a pessimist but I do not think the brand will be revived....at least not under F.M.I.C.'s ownership. It's too bad someone like Paul Allen with more money than G-d does not step to the plate, buy and revive the brand and not give a rat's ass if the company shows red ink. Hamer is one of the all-time cool guitar brands and w/o a doubt the one that always stepped to the plate and made whatever a customer wanted. In fact, the greater the challenge, the three amigos relished the opportunity to go the extra mile. As I mentioned I waited almost 20 years to get this. I approached Frank in the mid 90's to build it and he said "no way, no how", being gun shy from the extremely frivolous Gibson headstock lawsuit that Hamer eventually won with the Sunburst headstock design. On a whim in the summer of 2012 I approached him again and he agreed to build me a Standard with the original headstock shape and pretty much whatever I wanted and could afford to do.I profusely apologize to those who have PM'd me expressing sincere interest in buying this guitar. I just know that I would be traumatized by my actions, especially since they are not money motivated. And I would probably blow the 4 grand on something stupid and then have nothing to show for......Thanks again to all who made only very positive comments on this thread. After reading all these again and again, I realized what a special and incredible Standard that I was lucky enough to get before the end. Probably fate and good timing, because another couple of months of trepidation and it would not have happened......This is a killer forum with great members and owners and I very much enjoy being part of this community.Over 'n out.......BR a.k.a. the greenfreak
bubs_42 Posted March 22, 2014 Posted March 22, 2014 Best news i've heard all day. Glad we could help you see that light.
matchful Posted March 22, 2014 Posted March 22, 2014 Glad you came to your senses and a great decision. Irreplaceable and your soul will thank you...a life without remorse is a life best lived!Cheers!
tomteriffic Posted March 22, 2014 Posted March 22, 2014 Whew! I was about to sell my car and pawn my grandmother!
serial Posted March 22, 2014 Posted March 22, 2014 Bill-a huge fan of yours here. The RN book was a huge inspiration for my Hamer book.
Ting Ho Dung Posted March 23, 2014 Posted March 23, 2014 This has Not Steve, Stonge, Badger Dave and a few other "Greenies" names all over it. I have no idea what I'd do with TWO of these! I love mine... Seriously - Bill is one cool guy. That is a badassed machine! You could learn to play like Michael Angelo Batio.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.