serial Posted June 12, 2014 Author Posted June 12, 2014 Last call for book orders-placing the order tomorrow, so they should start arriving sometime next week as long as the publisher is timely.Hit me up if you need one- I'm at just about a case on this order as of now.
velorush Posted June 12, 2014 Posted June 12, 2014 I'll pipe in: if anyone is on the fence on this all I can say is, buy it. I expected a picture book with a bit of narrative here and there. Yes, it's filled with (great) pictures, but there is an entire in-depth history of the Company, its principals and each specific guitar model. I'm about half way through (I think I finished the chapter on the Phantom - I always thought the Phantom body was scaled down from the Cruisebass. It actually is the same body! Wouldn't have known that without this book!) and can't wait to get back to reading.Extremely well done and what an amazing history - all sorts of twists and turns with popular artists and other names you'll recognize from the day. I really had no idea. Thanks for publishing this!
serial Posted June 12, 2014 Author Posted June 12, 2014 Thanks!! I conducted hundreds of interviews with players, principals, guys making the guitars, dealers, etc., so it's got a ton of research that went into it. There was so much stuff edited out that I could just about do a second volume with the stuff that didn't make it in.
serial Posted June 23, 2014 Author Posted June 23, 2014 Books arrived yesterday, so I've been stamping and signing them to start shipping out tomorrow. Most everyone should have them by the weekend. Thanks to everyone who ordered-you guys are awesome!As always seems to happen, after I sent off the order, I got a couplemore people who sent payments in. No worries, but if there is anyone else who would like a signed, numbered copy, hit me up in the next couple of days as I 'll be ordering a few more!
Guest gearwhore Posted June 23, 2014 Posted June 23, 2014 I forgot all about ordering one of these before I left for Europe in May. I got back this week, and low and behold, the Book. Really great job! I just finished a dissertation, and I certainly envy the writing and respect all of the research that went into it. However, it should come with a GAS warning on the cover. Warning on the cover??, there should be a waiver to sign. and a 30 day paypal suspension.. ...The Book IS a MUST have...
KofSeattle Posted July 1, 2014 Posted July 1, 2014 Thanks. Our books showed up today. Very nice of you to make these available. Much appreciated. Very cool.
serial Posted July 1, 2014 Author Posted July 1, 2014 Thanks to everybody who ordered!I'm ordering a few more next Monday, which will likely be the last numbered run for a while, so let me know if anyone needs one!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.