tomteriffic Posted January 11, 2015 Posted January 11, 2015 Dayum, I've seen that come and go too many times. It's almost enough to make me break my no Floyds rule. There's a town near me where the late '60's never went away. We play there fairly frequently. I'd love to haul that thing out there and do some "Donovan meets Jason Mraz" in a speed metal style for 'em with that.
Jason01 Posted January 12, 2015 Posted January 12, 2015 Its tough when something cool and undervalued slips through your hands..................and on Ebay or elsewhere you just never know what might show up. Last year for me it was this one for me.When a forum member got it for a $180.00 trade in at a pawn shop! Logo is off center
tobereeno Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 eBay can go screw themselves. this ad showed up on my facebook feed this evening. you're goddamned right I clicked on it, heart racing...
Tres Aardvarks Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 Dayum, I've seen that come and go too many times. It's almost enough to make me break my no Floyds rule. There's a town near me where the late '60's never went away. We play there fairly frequently. I'd love to haul that thing out there and do some "Donovan meets Jason Mraz" in a speed metal style for 'em with that. My last recording was a jazzy instrumental, which I used my ridiculously 80s Hamer on. Dragged the same guitar to a blues/rock jam in town. Hell, I'm temped to take it to the retirement home when I play there too!!!
coolfeel Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 Dayum, I've seen that come and go too many times. It's almost enough to make me break my no Floyds rule. There's a town near me where the late '60's never went away. We play there fairly frequently. I'd love to haul that thing out there and do some "Donovan meets Jason Mraz" in a speed metal style for 'em with that. My last recording was a jazzy instrumental, which I used my ridiculously 80s Hamer on. Dragged the same guitar to a blues/rock jam in town. Hell, I'm temped to take it to the retirement home when I play there too!!! One of my best and boldest sounding guitars is my 86 Chap Custom - it sounded and played better than the Cali Custom I had. I would play it regularly if it weren't for the fact that it's a short scale, 24 fretter with a Floyd. That combination on that guitar make it somewhat awkward and uncomfortable on my picking hand.
tobereeno Posted January 13, 2015 Posted January 13, 2015 agreed. while short scales have a lot of great tonal attributes, they never feel quite right to my left hand.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.