Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'92 Hamer Sunburst


Recommended Posts

Posted

1992 Hamer USA Sunburst, with OHSC, excellent condition. No Hameritis (i.e. no finish lifting like a lot of these 90s Hamers have), Honduras mahogany neck & body with stunning arched flamed maple top. Fast 60’s neck that is super stable, I used to keep 13s on this guitar with no problems at standard pitch.

Upgraded with a Delrin nut and graphtech saddles with locking bridge for super stable tuning. Pickups are JB/'59 although I do have other things that I could put in there, C5, etc. Ask.

Also custom plekked to my specs, which are different than your run of the mill plek job and allow for extremely low and clean action. You have never played a guitar with this kind of fretwork, I guarantee it. This guitar will set up as low as the laws of physics and string vibration will allow (~.03” high E/.05” low E at the 14th) if you so desire. No matter where you set it, it will play clean and clear.

Excellent condition, usual polish swirl and some clear coat dents that you have to look hard to see. I’ve bought guitars off this board that were described as “mint” that were not in this good condition.

Any questions, ask. Optionally (for some extra $) I have toplock tuners and a Les Trem 2 for this guitar I can install, and it stays in tune even under heavy whammy use. If you want it in stock stop-tail form that’s fine to.

$1600 shipped/pp'd.

IMG_4062_zpsjbtfkyvu.jpg

IMG_4056_zpsh7cocykk.jpg

IMG_4054_zps8fbcibes.jpg

IMG_4050_zps8j9zb7su.jpg

IMG_4046_zpsrwrrndbh.jpg

Case%202_zpswhhiqkps.jpg

Logo_zpsnzyelncw.jpg

SN_zpspnkvx6k7.jpg

Posted

Going to post a couple more pics when I can get my wife to do them to show:

1) This is a "long neck tenon" guitar, and unlike a Gibson long tenon, which is a thin tenon in a big slot with a huge dab of tite-bond (kind of like throwing a hotdog down a hallway), this tenon/body joint under the neck pickup is tight as can be with no slop and no blob of tite-bond.

2) The maple top is quite thick in the middle, and the figure goes all the way through as can be seen in the pup cavity. No laminate nonsense here.

3) The side dots on the neck are MOP as well.

Posted

That is a beauty! Color is hard to photograph well, I bet the burst contrast is much nicer in person. My camera makes that finish look 100% orange.

GLWTS

Posted

Yeah it's hard to really capture it exactly, it's much more vibrant in the room with it. The complexity and 3d-ness of the top is nearly impossible to capture with a camera, the figuring is some of the most complex I've ever seen. There are things going on at a number of different levels, not just the flame.

Posted

59%20MJ_zps93zk6utf.jpg

Neck%20Tenon_zpsswgu9fhm.jpg

Maple%20Cap_zpsp6utkibf.jpg

As mentioned above, neck tenon that is tight as a drum, thick maple cap, and Juarez wound Duncan '59 N (some duncanites on the Duncan forum believe that pickups wound by MJ, now at their custom shop, have a little extra something. I don't know if they do but it matters to some).

Posted

As mentioned above, neck tenon that is tight as a drum, thick maple cap, and Juarez wound Duncan '59 N (some duncanites on the Duncan forum believe that pickups wound by MJ, now at their custom shop, have a little extra something. I don't know if they do but it matters to some).

The Duncans Made in Juarez do indeed have a little extra something. They are potted with Hot Salsa.

Cheers!

caddie

Posted

Not made in, made by. Maricella Juarez was a winder forever at the duncan factory and now leads the custom shop. Older duncans with a model number then "J" were wound by her.

Posted

Mr. Wizard,

Your guitar is one of the main reasons that I currently own, and have owned, Hamer guitars. This is an exquisite example of craftsmanship in a classic presentation; just beautiful!! Unfortunately, with an impending wedding for one of daughters, I just can't afford your guitar or else I be all over it like white on a gorilla. Or like stink on rice. Or something like that.

I would wish you good luck on the sale but deep down I'm a selfish bastard and I hope no one buys it, you have to drop the price to the Discussion Board approved $350 that I can afford and I can become the proud owner. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously, good luck with the sale!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...