Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Did I mention my trip to Shishkov land?

ArnieZ

MIke and I were finally able to find a mutually convenient time to meet. So I had the pleasure of seeing Mike, we've met before, and meeting Trish. Both great folks. When I walked into the house they were both sitting on stands, not Mike and Trish :) I got to play both of the new models and they are fantastic! Both very impressive and I was really impressed with the pickups. So I made my choice and still working on possible options and wood selection. Much thanks to Mike and Trish for their hospitality.

ArnieZ

I contacted Mike right after the Ultimates were made available. As beautiful as they are I didn't think that was a shape I would want.

I was hoping that Mike would have a single cut to offer up. I was thinking Tele style shape with LP tone recipe. Mike's single cut is not that, beautiful guitar, chambered but to me was more Talladega tone wise than LP. The double cut is much more in the LP tone zone,but does not sound exactly like a Lester.

The neck profiles are chunky. Not 58 chunky, the shoulders are not as large, but about the same thickness . They are hand carved and they differ. Mike can make whatever you want. It measured .080 bigger than the vintage Hamer carve. That is 80 thousands. Noticeable to the hand but not much different. There is much to be determined, I have some ideas and we will find out how doable they are when the time comes. Nothing really exotic, just personal preferences

ArnieZ

Archived