Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NEW pickups on sale (HFC offer)

Hi y'all.

As posted on TGP - I am currently in the position to sell Harry Häussel handwound pickups (www.haeussel.com).

These are the same ones that are installed in the Nik Huber guitars, and having tried them out - and seen the pros' faces when *they* try them out - I decided to start selling them.

As the current euro-dollar rate really doesn't help us out, I will sell (incl. shipment and paypal fees) at prices very competitive, if not similar to other US top handmade models (Lollar, Suhr, WCR, Harmonic Design, you name it).

Harry Häussel's pups are always "2 hours away from stock" as they're wound quite much on order basis. He has an extensive collection of pickups which he has studied in depth and has similarly studied *each component* to see how it affects the final sound. He builds barden-like humbucker for strats w/ alnico 2 and 5 or ceramic mags, classic strat sets (alnico 2, 5, "mixed 2 and 5"), humbuckers in P90 frames as well as P90s in HB frames, PAF clones plus other 8 varieties of HBs, jazz floating pickups, all kinds of bass pups, and custom creations (10 strings, anyone? Individual outputs for each polepiece?... you get the idea).

Nik Huber and I both think that Harry does some great stuff and wish to give him the chance of getting a little more business in exchange for his hard work and passion.

Drop me a line if you have any enquiries; bulk / dealer enquiries welcome.

Paul Weber

[email protected]

As great a guitar as the Huber is I think the pickups may be the best, at least for my style of playing, of any pickups I have used. I suspect they would sound incredible in a LP, Hamer Studio ( I'm tempted), Monaco, etc.

I would be interested to hear about mini humbuckers if he makes them. :blink:

He is working on making them as a regular product.

Currently they would be available as a custom build. I should get an answer from him later on today.

'Later,

Paul

I'm actually thinking of putting them in my next Hamer that I order.

Jus spectacular pickups, IMO. In the one's in my Redwood Dolphin, great clarity, the ability to get totally clean, or raunch with the twist of the volume knob.

And I thought high output pickups were always the only way to fly...boy was I wrong. These are low output, and sound great.

Remember those Seymour Duncan pickups that they went so far as to actually imbed dust and crud into the pickups to try and get that "mojo"?? lol!...do they still do that?

Remember those Seymour Duncan pickups that they went so far as to actually imbed dust and crud into the pickups to try and get that "mojo"?? lol!...do they still do that?

Are you referring to the Antiquity Pickups? They still make them.

Huh Mobster....

The "HOT" bridge pickup IS hot indeed.

Hot enough to make a Fender Twin cringe.

I do agree that the neck pups are nice and deep and sensitive.

Actually Poe's / Jeffr's old Standard Custom got a VIN / HOT combo installed the other day. The guitar now has 3 beautiful tones to it's arsenal - liquid and deep in the neck, vibey like a tele mid position in the middle, punchy like a fist in the bridge.

But YMMV, etc...

Paul

A Melancon just walked in...

My Huber killed it :angry:

Guess I'll need to ask Harry to send me some Mo'Better Mags, 'cos that Mellie is truly anaemic (despite an IRW neck) - lotsa bling, no beef :blink:

Paul

As great a guitar as the Huber is I think the pickups may be the best, at least for my style of playing, of any pickups I have used.  I suspect they would sound incredible in a LP, Hamer Studio ( I'm tempted), Monaco, etc. 

I would be interested to hear about mini humbuckers if he makes them.  :rolleyes:

Spoke to Harry.

He doesn't have the minihums yet as a production line item, only as an eventual custom order (expen$$ive, I'm afraid).

'Later...

Paul

Luiss - I never said anything about Antiquities...no axe to grind there on my part.

I know who the German online dealer is.

My HFC offer will be competitive vs. the US boutique models - and I should also stress that it is being formulated to help out where the euro-dollar exchange rate would otherwise turn these pups into pure unobtainium (at least for the normal folks).

Paul

I have a Hamer Mahogany Artist with two factory installed Häussel humbucker sized P-90s. Hamer gave this guitar away at an HFC tour a few years back, and I bought it from the winner. Wonderful sounding pickups! I've often wondered if Hamer used these as the inspiration for the PhatCats.

-Jonathan

Hold it... weren't Phatcats made by Seymour Duncan? Or did I miss something there?

I'm very glad your Hamer came with Häussels... I'm actually quite surprised.

Is there anybody (ex. Serial) that can tell me how this came about? I'm really curious...

"JJ" Paul

The PhatCats are Seymour Duncan, but very similar to the Haussels on my Artist. Hamer custom ordered these to experiment with, about the time that the Newport came out. They may have been "taste testing" Humbucker P-90s, and my guitar was a prototype. I'm not aware of any other Hamers with factory installed Haussels.

-Jonathan

Archived